54. An epiphany

I was admiring

I was admiring. My hair admired the wind which blew it to new lengths. My eyes admired the alone moon in the sky, a tiny smile on my face because of it. Every inch of my exposed skin admired the moonlight as it shone brightly on me, a sense of belongingness surpasses me. I could promise to leave anything in the world but him and the moon held too much power over me that I could never promise to leave them alone. I am a puppet and my strings reside in their hands.

The mesmerizing memories of today's events roamed around in my consciousness but they were soon replaced by the memories in my unconscious mind. Somehow, the terrible memories fade a little too soon. At first, I thought it was because of my current situation - standing in the balcony surrounded by my beloved nature. But, as the scent of his cologne invaded my mind, I realised the actual reason.

Replacing the tiny smile into a full grown grin, I'm reminded of the wine glass hanging in my hand as I take a sip from it before returning it to it's initial position. I could feel his eyes boring into me but it wasn't immense, it was a soft staring. I wait for him. Ysabel's snores joined in on the whistles by the wind and I feel it. I feel him coming near.

My suspicion grew into the truth when I heard his light footsteps, the old wooden floor of the castle bedroom creaked with his every heavy step. The chilling wind suddenly had me gritting my teeth, maybe because my pretence of having no idea of his presence and paying attention on the nature actually became modest. I hug myself, the wine glass stays pinched between my two fingers.

I was still wearing the netted dress I wore to the dinner and it's lack of arm cloth had me shivering. I had completely forgotten about his presence until a soft fabric was kept on my shoulders and the black blazer covered my skin. The goosebumps decreased slowly. The warmth of the fabric could make me sleep, it was like a sweet lullaby but the metallic smell of blood kept me awake. I turned around.

Canzone stood taller than me, making me rise my head to look at him. He was gazing at something but not me, his face and his partly open chest was covered with freckles and blotches of blood, yet, the moon did a very beautiful job of intensifying the blood and made it look like an ornament on his body. I tilt my head and smile at his handsomeness, catching his attention.

Canzone's hands which were previously buried in the pocket of his pants were now hugging my waist. His green devil like eyes made me drunk and oh, did he look more dreamy in blood. He presses me against the railing of the balcony as I take my hands to his neck, slightly massaging his hair. Keeping my head tilted, I lose the smile and raise an eyebrow.

"You're covered in blood, Mr. Orpheus," I keep my voice low as I feel his hands tighten at his surname. He didn't like me saying it. At all.

My eyebrows knit together when his expression of seriousness turns into a smug look. What is he up to? His hands trace from my ass to my thighs as he gains control over them and picks me up before placing me on the railing. I suddenly had a strong desire to know what was going on in his mind. What is he thinking? What is he going to do? Keeping the smugness, he makes both of my legs wrap around his torso as he comes surprisingly close to me.