63. Prayers

Canzone and I had never announced whatever was going on between us

Canzone and I had never announced whatever was going on between us. We had never put a label on our relationship thinking it would be a burden for both of us. But, at the time I stood in the living room of the huge castle, I realized that we would never really need to name our relationship since it was quite evident.

Everyone could see that the moment he entered the room, his eyes searched for mine and so did mine. It was quite visible that how he'd ignore all the external gazes on him and stand right in front of me with the most gentle expression on his face. My stomach would twist and churn at the thought of him being beside me at every difficulty yet my eyes would brim with tears because I loved my parents with the very bottom of my heart.

Canzone's face smoothens into an impossibly gentle expression, wrapping his steel like arms around me as he politely glides his hand across my hair, pressing kisses.

"We'll find them, amore mio," He repeats the same words he said a while back and they bring the same sense of comfort they brought forth before.

'We'll find them, Zemira. We'll keep going until we do. You're not alone.'

As if Aillard had heard Canzone's words, he releases a shout of excitement, almost throwing his laptop in the air. Canzone releases me from the hug and walks to stand beside me, holding my hand while I search for the reason of Aillard's sudden expression of excitement. Canzone, on the other hand, was the epitome of physical touch at the moment.

My right hand had been held by his hand as he stood right behind me, my ass touching his pelvis. His other hand rested on my waist, swinging with me as a way of distraction. He was tall enough to rest his chin on top of head, making sure there was not a lot of pressure. As we rocked with each other, giving warmth to each other with the sweet gestures of touch, Genevieve looked right towards us.

"They're in Italy," She speaks, glancing towards Canzone for a second.

"Where in Italy?" I feel the warmth fading away with the fading away of his hands touching my body as I tag along with him to the sofa where Genevieve and Aillard were sitting.

"Bari has historical connections with Albania, particularly due to the Arbëreshë communities in the region," Aillard speaks up, giving the location of our parents as a sense of relief enters my mind.

"How positive are you about the location?" Canzone asks.

"Hundred percent. There have been instances in Bari where people of Albanian descent, including some Arbëreshë, have been associated with organized crime and according to the Bari police record, one of them was the former leader of the Albanian Mafia," Genevieve types on the keyboard, opening the blueprint map of Bari.

"But how do you know that it's Bari at this particular moment?" I could see Canzone tap his shoes on the floor, completely impatient.

"Bari is a port city, Canzone. It is also one of the closest Italian cities to Albania, compared to other Italian cities. The port has, for years, been a point of drug deal and weapons exchange between the two regions. If your mafia had been vigilant in the past years, then you would've actually realized, that the country at the central of your mafia, Italy has contributed to around sixty percent of Albanian mafia's dealing."