Spacial chapter

this is another special chapter, it's all in Warners pov:)

-*11 year old Warner pov*-

I wake up by crying, the time is 02.43AM and I've barely slept anything.

I sit up to look into the crib beside my bed. Elena is holding out her hands, waiting to be picked up. I do.

I lay her on my chest to hopefully make her sleep. She is the most adorable baby I've ever laid my eyes on.

I rub her back slowly until all I hear is soft snores filling the room.

And I pray that my father didn't hear her screaming.

...

Laying here not being able to sleep makes my thoughts wander off to when I first laid eyes on my sister. One year ago.

I could not let her go as soon as my mother placed her in my arms. Now she is sick, or that's what my father says. He is locking her up in a room in our house, and I barely see her.

It's sad Elena won't get to know her like I did.

My father wanted to send Elena away, he said he didn't need another child to teach and take care of. And he did not want a daughter.

I was 10, too young to take care of a baby, but I had no other choice. Ella, a friend of mine loves Elena, Emmaline, Ella's sister says I'm too young to take care of a one year old, which I think we all can agree on.

But I love my little sister, she is the only family member I have left, that I care for at least. And I'm never letting my father lay one finger on her.

I will make sure she grows up with at least some good memories and not the memories I grew up with.

..........

I wake up by something moving on my chest. I must have fallen asleep.
As I look down I see my sister smiling up at me.

"morning Elena" I say with a tired smile, but I realize it sounded a little flat as I want her to grow up with more love. My mistake, but I'm still trying to learn how to take care of a baby..

But she only smiles, and giggles.

"Let's get you dressed, shall we?" I tell her as I walk over to my wardrobe where her clothes also lays, but in a basket beside.

There isn't many baby clothes in there, my father refused to buy her any more as he could not care less about her having enough clothes.

So that's my goal, giving her the clothes she wish for when i am able to do so, and when she gets a little older.

My father told me I am not allowed to give her anything she already has, like clothes.. she doesn't even have any shoes.

"what about this one?" I ask her holding up some pink pair of tights with red hearts on them. She tries grabbing them and all I can do is smile.

"you like them?"

"hmm, what about this shirt with it?" I ask now holding up a white bodysuit with a red heart on it. I bought it as I thought they matched.

she looks up at me and smiles.

"I like it too." I tell her smiling as I walk over to the bed to get her changed.

-*later that night*-

"shhh, please Elena!" I say trying to soothe her. I don't know what is happening to her, why she is suddenly crying, but my biggest fear at the moment is my father.

I know he is drinking in his office right now, and I'm scared of what he will do if he hears her, drunk people do stupid things, but my father gets violent.

"shhh, you need to be quite Elena-" I tell her gently as I'm panicking.

"Please stop crying, I don't know what to do if dad hears you-"

the door suddenly burst open.

"I told you to get that child under control!" He yells angrily. "I have important things to do Aaron—and I will make sure she is gone by tomorrow if she doesn't shut up very soon." He threatens.

"and you know I'm not lying about that." He continues. "I'll give you 5 minutes, or she's out and you won't get away so easily." He threatens once again.

"do you understand?" He asks very angry and all I can do is nod.
And he walks out closing the door not so gently, but so hard it scares Elena.

I'm surprised he didn't do anything though, but I'm sure that will come another day.

my head hurts already and I'm not sure of what to do now.

I feel like such a bad person, I can't let him send her away.

I decide to rub her stomach hard, but gently. The thought of her having a stomach ache didn't come until now, and it seem to calm her down pretty fast.

I don't stop until her loud crying lowers and her babbling tiredly fills the room.

I let out a breath of relief to finally have managed to calm her down. But that doesn't change my headache, all I need now is to lay in a dark, cold room and sleep the headache away.

I lay Elena in her crib as soon as I see her closing her eyes, but she only start whining.

"ok, you can sleep in my bed, but tomorrow you will sleep in your crib." I tell her picking her up as I walk to turn off the light and open my window.

I place her on my chest as soon as I lay down, and I rub my nails gently against her back so she will fall sleep faster.

This sounded better in my head:)