Imagine me 4

I'm leaning against the wall. Head buried in my knees.

I'm alone, at least right now.

Ella was taken away from here because of me, because I couldn't do the only things Aaron told me to do. He told me to not let anyone take Ella or me.

That's two simple "tasks"

They weren't interested in taking me, as the soldier ignored me, but Ella was the one they took.

I couldn't help, I couldn't hold her back, and the guilt I'm feeling now is insane.

I look up when I hear someone coming towards me. And as soon as I see who it is I'm to apologise.

"I'm sorry—" I cry out.

I haven't talked to Aaron since they took Ella, as I was too scared he was mad at me. I was scared he was disappointed.

"Elena, you don't have to apologise." He tells me now taking a seat beside me.

"yes I do, Ella was taken away, and it's because of me, because I couldn't hold her back."

"I will find Ella, and I will bring her back. This is not your fault,"

"but it is.." I tell him now looking down.

"No its not, you're 8, and you are not trained for this, I never wanted you to go through this, so please," he says. "Stop apologising." He says kissing my head.

There is a short silence.

"you promise to find Ella.?"

He looks forward and doesn't answer at first, but then he nods.

He doesn't look himself I realise.

And after some time with silence I ask:

"can we go see James.?" I ask, "it doesn't seem real to know that I have other brothers.. it weird actually.." I say wiping my wet cheek.

-*kenji's pov*-

I stop short at the door.

Warner and Elena are here.
Warner, Elena and James, together.

I'm almost positive Anderson told James the truth about Warner and Elena. Or, I don't know, exactly.

I can't actually imagine a scenario in which Anderson would gleefully reveal to James that Warner is his brother, and that Elena is his sister,
or that Anderson is his dad.

But somehow I can just tell that James knows. Someone told him. I can tell by the look on his face.

"I think it's weird, but cool—" James says, talking to Elena.

"it is, that you're you're blond like Aaron, and my hair colour is more similar to Adams." I say.

"but you don't really look like Warner ether, the eyes are the only thing that's similar, or the most noticeable" he tells her.

"I know, Aaron says I look more like my mother."

I decide to do something truly reprehensible: I go invisible, and step farther into the room.

The moment I do, Warner stiffens.

Shit.

I see him glance around, his eyes alert. His senses are too sharp.

Quietly, I back up a few steps.

"what's wrong?" James asks looking at Warner as Elena does too short after.

"Warner?"

Reluctantly, Warner turns to face the ten-year-old. "Yes," he says, distracted.

"Why didn't you ever tell us?" James says, sitting up straighter. The bedsheets fall down, puddle in his lap.