Hero, Warrior, Mage, Public Security

This time, the chapter is a bit like a parallel world.

- Bokutotsu Zen'u

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 28

Arabanne Empire Interior

A camouflaged High-Mobility Vehicle was driving over the desert, sending up a cloud of dust with the movement of its four-wheel drive. The interior of the vehicle rattled as it traveled over sand dunes, and the unobstructed sunlight shone down mercilessly. The air conditioning kept the temperature inside the car comfortable, but the sunlight coming in through the window was much stronger than in Japan.

"If we continue in a south-southwesterly direction, we will reach an oasis town. Let's take a break there."

Riyoshi, sitting in the passenger seat, looked at her boss and senior sitting in the back of the car and advised them to take a short break.

"Okay, let's have lunch in that town."

Jindo nodded at Riyoshi's suggestion and ordered Saikawa at the wheel to stop at the next town. A few dozen minutes later, the HMV, which had been driving through the desert, arrived at Amana Town where they were to take a break.

. . .

Amana Town, Arabanne Empire

This town, built on an oasis springing up in the desert, is only a village rather than a town. Even so, it is an important supply point for travelers moving through the desert from town to town, and at the inns and camel huts that line the road, one will find the sight of traders taking a break to rest or replenish their supplies.

"Let's spread out a table by the lake and have a picnic lunch."

Jindo then instructed Staff Sergeant Saikawa, seated in the driver's seat, to head for the lake in the center of the oasis. The HMV, which was driving along the town's main street, headed for the lake, under the curious eyes of the people.

But then, something happened.

"You, the monster that lurks in the desert! I will destroy you!"

"!?"

On the way to the lake, a young man brandishing a sword suddenly stood in front of the car. He wore a turban on his head and a reddish-brown sunshade cloak over his light clothes. He pointed the tip of his sword at the vehicle and approached it slowly. He seemed to have mistaken the car for a monster or something. Faced with this unforeseen situation, Jindo immediately got out of the car and tried to explain himself.

"Wait a minute! What are you doing to our carriage!?"

"...Ngah!?"

The young man could not hide his agitation when he saw a human being getting out of the 'monster's' belly. The residents around him looked on in bewilderment at the commotion.

"Lord Hero! Is this the monster!?"

"?"

A voice calling the young man "Hero" could be heard coming from somewhere. Then a girl wearing a pointy hat and holding a staff painted with resin appeared from behind the young man.

"I'm with you!"

Again, a voice is heard from somewhere. Then, a muscular man with a light jacket rushed to the young man's side, looking just like the girl from before. The strange trio, all of them trying to challenge the HMV, gave Jindo, Hiraide, and Saikawa a certain feeling.

"He-he-heroes!! They are a party of heroes, uwoooooh!"

The three of them raised their voices in a tone similar to excitement and jubilation, their emotions rising. Memories of the RPGs they were passionate about as boys come flooding back.