Rodpiece Landing Operation 1

November 26

Adrasjipe, Arabanne Empire

The news of the defeat of the Slephen fleet was immediately delivered to the Imperial Court in Adrasjipe, the capital of the country. Emperor Seljik Al Masnur was relieved to hear the report from his officials.

"That's a relief... the Japanese military is indeed powerful."

"Yes, the fact that we granted them a land lease two years ago has paid off."

The location where the Sagroa Base is located was land that the Arabanne Empire had granted Japan an indefinite lease under a treaty concluded in 2034. Although there was strong opposition at home, civilian officials were pleased that the granting of the Sagroa Base had resulted in a positive outcome. In the city center, a banquet was held to celebrate the victory of the Japanese forces. Thanks to this one incident, the favorable impression of Japan held by the people of this country increased even more. Later, the Shimabara, a Japanese amphibious assault ship, arrived at the port, temporarily evacuating the 700 Japanese living in the country to the Japanese mainland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 28

Off the southern coast of the Israfail Empire

Two days after the United Kingdom of Slephen's Second Fleet was repelled from the Arabanne Empire, the Japanese Rescue Fleet, which had left the Sagroa Base four days earlier, was finally within range of the city of Rodpiece. The fleet was commanded by Rear Admiral Asahi Nakamori, commander of the 4th Escort Group dispatched from the Japanese mainland.

"According to the communication from the local consulate, which had been cut off two days ago, the interior of Rodpiece seems to be in a state of urban warfare. Let's launch the TACOM Kai prior to the attack."

Nakamori ordered the launch of the unmanned reconnaissance aircraft to gather information. Immediately after, a TACOM Kai took off from the flight deck of the Amagi. The TACOM Kai, Japan's own recon UAV, comes in two types: a type that is launched from a fighter aircraft and then returns to a ground base, and a carrier-based type. Unlike the ground-based type, the carrier-based type must be manually piloted for takeoff and landing. The maximum loitering time is limited to eight hours, and it gets shorter and shorter with each radar or laser shot.

"Equip the F-35Cs with Maverick missiles and are on standby! Also, have the AH-1Z Vipers stand by on the Oga's flight deck!"

Upon his order, the F-35C fighters stored below the Amagi's deck were fitted with AGM-65 Maverick missiles. The AGM-65 has many variants, and the one used this time was the F-model, designed for use against ships, with a 136 kg shaped charge warhead designed to break through the magic barrier covering the enemy ships. On the amphibious assault ship Oga's deck, AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters from the Ground Self-Defense Force were being loaded onto an elevator and approaching from the hangar. These ones, too, were ready to launch.

An hour later, the TACOM Kai arrived in Rodpiece. Images captured by the onboard camera were shown on the display in the CDC.

"This is..."

Rear Admiral Nakamori and the other crew members were speechless.

. . .

Japanese Rescue Fleet

Commander: Rear Admiral Asahi Nakamori (Commander, 4th Escort Group)

Deputy Commander: Captain Hirokazu Mizushima (Commander, 8th Escort Squadron)

Aircraft carrier