Great Adventure in the Rainforest

I am looking forward to the third volume of Nihonkoku Shoukan.

By the way, Miss Remille on the cover of Volume 3 is a looker, isn't she?

- Bokutotsu Zen'u

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 30

Arabanne Empire Interior

Four days after leaving the capital city of Adrasjipe, Jindo's group had passed through a harsh desert area and entered a steppe area with a savanna climate. The dry climate and grasslands are sparsely covered with trees, with the occasional beast in sight.

"...If we continue for a few more hours, we should be able to see the entrance to the jungle. From there, we will have to leave the car and continue on foot."

"...We had to rely on the magnet for the next two days."

Hearing Saikawa, who was sitting in the driver's seat, describe his future plans, Jindo let out a small sigh. There was no way they would be able to get into the tropical rainforest, where roads are not as well maintained as they are in the modern world, so they had to leave the vehicle outside of the forest. If they could successfully navigate through the forest, they could reach the ruins in two days, but their destination was a mysterious ancient ruin that had been inaccessible to people for 500 years. There was no doubt that there was something there, and they were beginning to feel heavy.

"We have insect bite medicine, bug spray, mosquito repellent, and mosquito coils, and then..."

Jindo counted the items he would need to make his way through the jungle.

'I guess you really hate insects, huh...'

Seeing her boss revealing his dislike of insects, Riyoshi grimaced. But if they are going to proceed through a tropical rainforest in another world where one never knows what might be lurking, it would be essential to take measures that might carry plagues.

"...Two more days, two more days, and our work is done. We can finally return to Japan."

The "special overseas investigation" ordered by the National Police Agency is nearing its final destination. Hiraide was deeply moved as he thought back on his journey so far. This called investigation began in the Altian Empire, then the Ephoroi Republic, the Elmstacia Empire, the Johan Republic, the Crossnellyard Empire, and now the Arabanne Empire... adding new members along the way, the journey continued in pursuit of five leftist activists who had disappeared abroad, and eventually traversed almost the entire world.

'Come to think of it... senpai was the only one who didn't make any blunders in this overseas investigation...'

Hearing Hiraide's words, Jindo recalled the incident in Cusdate City. Although it was a surprise attack, he was rescued by his friends when he was kidnapped after being attacked in his room at the inn. In the Elmstacia Empire, he had been nearly killed by demi-humans due to his careless behavior, and he was bitter at his own ineptitude. Jindo was not the only one who was feeling sentimental as he faced his final destination.

'Dad... we'll be home soon...!'

As Riyoshi looked out the window, she thought of the face of her father, her only living relative; two and a half months had already passed since her departure from Japan in April. Now that the investigation was about to end, her longing for home was even stronger.

However, there was one person who felt differently. Lily, a new member of the group.

'...Will I go to Japan or return to Elmstacia?'