Prologue

***Sorry if the beginning is kind of dry, but I needed to add it before jumping into my main idea so it makes sense. And please excuse any grammar/spelling errors, I wrote this a while ago and I haven't gotten around to editing. Thanks.

________________________________________________________

I wake up and find myself on the floor on my room, the last thing I remember was being attacked by a werewolf from behind, I'm startled to find the wall of my room on fire. I run out into the dirt path that acts as our road and whirl around trying to find my pack. But all I can see is the burning trees and cottages. The vibrant flames so warm they tickle my nose. I see wolves run past me, almost knocking me to the ground, but they're not my wolves, they're the intruders. The ones who came here, causing all of this. I cry out but the only response I get is the crackling of the fire. I start runing to the woods that aren't a blaze, passing burnt corpses on my way. I try not to look but its no use, I can tell who they are at just a glance. Not one of them deserved this, it was all my fault. I couldn't protect them.

I break through the burning trees and gasp for fresh air. Looking back I notice the fire spreading further and further into the woods, eatting the trees in seconds. I squint but I can't see anyone. I need to find Derek and Laura, I think to myself. I head off to Beacon Hills, praying that some of the wolves are okay and will catch up with me, but something inside me tells me not to get my hopes up...