Chapter 7 - Chains

I wait at my locker with Stiles for Scott and Allison.

"Allison found something, I'm sure of it." Stiles mutters to himself, trying to calm his nerves more than mine.

"It'll be fine." I respond calmly.

"There they come!" Stiles perks up when he sees Allison and Scott come around the corner. "So?" He asks when they walk up to us.

"I'm sorry." Allison give us sympathetic looks. "I went through everything, there's nothing that can help us."

I nod, having expected this response.

"Then what do we do?" Stiles looks from Allison to me.

"What we had planned to do." Scott states.

"Dude? No! That is not an option." Stiles looks at his best friend in horror.

"It's our only option." I tell him and Isaac appears behind me. "You heard?" I say to him, not bothering to turn around.

"Yes." Isaac says smuggly.

I nod to Allison and Scott. "I appreciate your help." I turn to Stiles. "Good bye. I'll have Isaac find you when things are back to normal for me."

"What?" Stiles' eyes are wide. "Where are you going?"

"Where ever Derek has planned." I explain. "I can't be a threat to anyone here. Don't worry, I'll be alright." I place my hands on his shoulders.

Stiles shakes his head and refuses to meet my eyes.

"Stiles." I give him a light shake. "You have to move on for now, pretend I was never here. If I can't control this and become one with my wolf then I can't be around you, or anyone."

"What if you never gain control? Or you break loose and kill again?" He looks up at me.

I sigh sadly. "Then Derek will kill me."

"What!? You can't be serious!"

"Look, it hopefully won't come to that. I wasn't suppose to tell you that, but you deserve to know."

He nods. "You are not going to die. If Derek so much as touches a little hair on your head I will-"

"You will what?" I cut him off. "Look Stiles, calm down. I have to go now." I give him a hug.

He secures his arms around me. "Tell Derek to bring me to see you sometime."

"You probably won't want to." Isaac tells him as I leave Stiles with Scott and Allison and head off with Isaac.

"Where to?" I ask as we take off running through the woods.

"Beneath the Hale house."

"Isn't that too close to town?"

"Yes, but it's the best place to lock you up." Isaac opens the gate to the trail beneath the Hale house and I follow him down into the room where Derek was once locked up by a hunter.

"You ready?" Derek picks up the chains and I go stand against the wall.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I reply and outstretch my arms so he can lock the chains around them.

"You can go Isaac. Find Calla and tell her to meet me in the house soon." Derek demands and Isaac quickly leaves the room.

"Thank you for helping me." I meet Derek's eyes.

He nods. "You're brave Delilah, I'll give you that." He checks the silver chains again, giving them a yank. "I'll come back tomorrow with food, and Isaac will check on you tonight." Derek heads out the door.

When I'm certain he's gone I gather all my strength and yank on the chain, they barely budge. Good, I think. That last thing I want is to be able to bust out of here. I close my eyes and relax, it's going to be a long night.