Chapter 21 - Holding On

"Peter Hale? Derek's uncle?" Bryn looks at me bewildered.

"Yeah, he wanted me to work with him before he joined the alpha pack. He must have known I was tainted before."

"That..." She grumbles. "He knows too much for his own good."

I sigh, "Tell me about it."

"Why don't we get you back to the hotel and gather your things. I'm bringing you back to Beacon Hills." She begins walking back towards the way I came.

I go to speak, but what am I going to say? 'I don't want to go back,' 'I want some alone time,' I'm the 'Tainted One' and everyone needs to know, they need to know that Peter might be the one to tell the Lookos.

I enter the hotel parking lot, scanning it for Bryn. I hear a car honk and look to my right to find her in...on a motorcycle.

"Really?" I laugh, sliding onto the back.

"You like?" She passes me a shiny black helmet that matches her own.

I nod.

***

"Where to?" Bryn yells back at me as we enter Beacon Hills.

"Um," I think for moment, my stuff was at Isaac's but where would everyone be... It's a Saturday. "Derek's warehouse," I shout back, there was no way I was calling it a 'hideout' to her.

She zooms off in the direction of Derek's, I wonder for a minute how she knows but Ethan and Aiden are probably there and she would know their scent.

We pull up in the parking lot across from the warehouse and walk over to the main door.

"They're all inside," I state.

"Then let's go," Bryn opens the door and urges me inside.

"Delilah!"

I walk around the corner and find Stiles sat down on the stairs next to Isaac, Allison and Scott stand next to a large desk, Derek paces the room and Ethan and Aiden stand by the large paneled window. They all stare at me, watching as Bryn steps out from behind me.

"Bryn," Ethan and Aiden come over and greet their friend.

"Hello boys," She smiles.

"I see you kept my hoodie," Aiden winks, getting a punch in the arm from Bryn which I bet hurt more than he pretended it did.

"Are you alright?" Allison comes over and gives me a quick hug.

"I assume you told her everything," Ethan nods to Bryn.

"Of course I did." She replies.

"Ethan and Aiden told us all about it to," Scott tells me.

I just nod. Man I feel awkward. I just left Isaac, which I definitely need to apologize for. But no apology will fix Stiles and Derek.

"Listen," Bryn clears her throat, "You all need to get your crap together," She looks from me to Isaac, Stiles and Derek, clearly noting the tension. "I don't care what happened, because this is a hell of a lot worse. Peter might be speaking to the Lookos as we speak. We need to figure out what we're going to do. If you wish to be almost guaranteed to die, then you will stand by Delilah's side when they come; when, because they are coming." Bryn speaks with authority well beyond her young age. She was like a mini Laura.

"We'll be at your side," Ethan tells me, nodding to his brother.

"Are you sure? I don't want you guys to get yourselves killed because of me."