Chapter 1 - The Unexpected

After trudging through the woods for days I finally come out to a burnt out house, wondering if this was the Hales house I peer out through the trees. I see a shiny black car pull up and am shocked to see Derek walk out of it. I almost run out of the woods to hug him but something stops me. I keep watching as a girl, around Dereks age, exits the car from the passenger side. She's tall and slim, with long deep brown hair, a lot like myself. I lurk in the shadows as she walks over to Derek who has stopped in front of the house, just starring at it. Even though he has his poker face on, I know better, sadness fills his body. This is, was, the Hale house. I keep watching as the brunette walks to Derek's side and takes his hand in hers. I wait for him to pull away, but he doesnt. Instead he puts his arm around her waist, holding her close for support.

I can't help myself and I step out onto the Hale house land. As I assumed, Derek hears my footsteps and spins around staring into my eyes. I see slight shock when he realises who I am.

"Delilah?" He asks, his voice barely audible.

"Yeah." I say a smug look on my face, I am by no means happy with Ms. Brunette who still clings to his arm. "And she is?" I let myself sound as rude as possible.

"Cala." She replies, looking from me to Derek obviously confused.

"Cala." I repeat and look to her, "I'm Delilah." I repeat my name seems she probably didn't pick up on Derek saying it. I give her a slight smile, after all it's not her I should be mad at. I turn my attention back to Derek. "And where's Laura? You know, the reason you came here. Not to be fooling around with some girl!" I try to calm my anger.

He looks down at the ground. "She's dead Delilah, Laura was killed by Peter."

"Your uncle who's in a coma?"

"My uncle who was in a coma." He looks back up to me. "He killed her to become an alpha. Now he's running around killing people and made a kid into his beta."

I missed half of what he said, laura was dead. My alpha, the one who helped us. But I had a bigger question. "Then why didn't you come back to us? To the pack?"

"You were leading them. I decided to leave it at that."

"Leave it at that!?" I loose my temper and yell at him. "Do you know what happened? They're all dead Derek! Dead! A pack of werewolves came through and burnt the place to a crisp, no one else survived!" Tears build up into my eyes. "How could you leave us, and me. Derek have you forgotten everything?"

He tries to escape my gaze but the look in my eyes tells him he better not. "No, I just..."

"You just what Derek?! Fell inlove with Cala, forgot your own mate?" There, I said it. And shock over comes Cala, I almost feel bad for her...almost. Like a very small, extremely small bit.

"Mate?" Cala drops Dereks hand and looks up at him.

"Listen I can explain." He looks down at her, begging for her to understand.

"You guys straighten things out. I'll wait in the car." She crosses her arms over herself and goes back to the car. But not before giving me a look full of sorrow, she really had no idea.

"Did you have to say that!?" Derek gives me one of his death glares but it doesn't effect me at all.

"Yes." I say cooly. "And you know what? After you abandoning me and the pack, the pack dying. That's not even the worse part." I feel sadness and fury rush through my veins.

He just looks at me, waiting for me to continue to; but I can't think of any words to say. Instead I hold his steady gaze, and watch as his eyes widen in horror when I flash my eyes from their deep brown to a vibrant green.

"No." He whispers under his breath, I wouldn't have heard it except for the fact that I am a werewolf.