Chapter 11 - Allies and Enemies

I take a deep breath and enter chemistry class and take a seat next to the window. I watch as Scott comes and sits in the desk next to me.

"Where's Stiles?" I give him an odd look.

He hesitates before answering. "Had a doctor apointment." His heart skips a beat as he speaks.

"Scott." I demand, knowing he's lying.

He sighs. "I can't tell you."

"Mccall. Don't bring Miss Pierce into your dentention reciving conversations just because Stilinski isn't here." Mr. Harris calls down to us.

"Sorry sir." I say and both Scott and I slink back into our desks.

I tune out and stare out the window, where the hell could Stiles be? I watch the birds fly to the woods and the ocasional car pass through the school parking lot when a figure catches my eye. I look out and find Derek standing against his black camaro. I give him a slightly confused look as he stares at me. "What are you doing here?" I whisper to him so quietly under my breath only Derek and Scott can hear. I feel Scotts gaze on me when he hears me but turns his attention back to the board when he realizes who I'm talking to. But I know he's listening in.

"Keeping an eye on you." He replies.

"I don't need you to." My voice almost raises.

"What if you lash out. We can't tie you up and have someone on guard all the time to make sure a hunter doesn't steal you." His voice is louder and I can see his jaw move slightly when he speaks.

I let out a fuming breath and turn my attention onto Mr. Harris furiously. So we're back to where we started. Me being a threat and Derek thinking he's the only one that can stop me. Why couldn't he just leave me to Scott and Isaac? They tend to be a lot nicer about the situation...

"Leave Derek." As if he can read my mind Scott lets out his own furious whisper. "I got it."

I can hear Derek let out a sigh. "Fine Scott. Anything happens you call me." He says seriously and the grumpy alpha drives away.

"Thanks." I mumble to Scott, feeling slightly embaressed that he had to pick up for me.

******

"Why the hell would you do that!" Scott all but slams Stiles into his locker after telling us what he had done during the school day.

"Well! I got the answer to our question!" Stiles exclaims.

"What question?" I ask them.

They look at each other, hesitant on whether or not to continue. "Peter is back." Scott states.

"What? When? How do you know?" I blurt.

"He's at Derek's house..." Stiles speaks and at my forcful gaze he continues. "He wants Derek's help, along with his pack, and we don't why. All we know is that Derek is helping him, and hiding him from you at the Hale house."

"Why would he hide Peter from me?"

"Oh, you know, cause you tried to kill him." Stiles gives me an 'are you stupid?' look. "But I think we can get Isaac on our side, he wouldn't want to help Peter. Erica, I'm not too sure."

I shake my head. "They can't resist the will of their alpha without seperating from the pack first. Even if you manage to get them to help, they won't be able to."

"Are you sure?" Scott eyes me wearily.

"Positive. I was in Laura's pack." I remind them. "She could force her wolves to do anything she wished as long as they were members of her pack. But she wouldn't do that, abuse her power. But if Peter has Derek working for him then Derek will make them do what he wants."

"There has to be some other way." Scott taps his foot as he thinks.

"Well you better think fast cause Isaac and Erica are coming now." Stiles tells us and I follow his gaze down the hall to the two betas.

"Whattcha lookin' at?" Erica raises her eyebrow at Stiles and gives him her "charming" grin and laughs when I let out a growl.

"Listen, we need your help." Scott ignores me and Erica and turns to Isaac. "Peter is back and Derek is helping him. Stiles went there today and found out for sure." He gives a slight glare to Stiles then continues. "You're bonded to Derek because he's your alpha. But if you leave his pack you can help us fight against them."

I get a knot in my stomach at Scott's words. Fight against them? That includes Derek...

"Delilah? Yoo-hoo?" Stiles waves his hand in my face.

"Wha-what?" I focus back on him and ignore Erica's snort.

"Are you alright?" Stiles gives me an odd look.

"Y-yeah, sorry." I mumble. "Anyway, what'd I miss?"

"I said, I can't do it." Isaac speaks up.

"We won't do it." Erica corrects him. "Derek is our alpha and we aren't leaving him for his ex-mate, an omega and a human." Erica says in disgust.

I give her a hard look. "So you'll side with the enemy?"

"No. I side with Derek." She holds my gaze.

"Right now, Derek is the enemy." Scott steps between Erica and I. "You're either with us or not." He looks to Erica and Isaac for an answer.

"Not." She spits and grabs Isaac's arm as they rush off furiously.

"You just had to piss her off." Stiles grumbles to Scott and me.

"Not that it's hard to do." I mumble back.

"Would you guys stop it! We're about to be in the middle of god knows what and all you can do is complain about Erica. It's the three of us against the four of them. Not to mention the fact that Derek and Peter are alphas!" Scott exclaims.

"You need to let me talk to Derek." I look to both of them seriously.

"What? No way." Stiles protests.

"I can talk to him, get him to realize what he's doing and leave Peter." I argue back.

"She has a point." Scott takes my side. "Derek still has feelings for her, he'll listen."

Panick rises in me and Stiles as we frantically look to Scott. "What'd you mean?" Stiles demands.

"It's obvious." Scott shrugs. "It's not like she likes him back anymore." Scott glances to me. "Right?"

"R-right." I stutter slightly and Scott raises a curious eyebrow at me but decides better when we realize Stiles didn't notice.

"Fine. But only for a couple minutes, then we burst in." Stiles huffs.

"No way am I letting the two of you come in after me!" I exclaim. "You stay at Scotts tonight and I'll come to you after." I state and my tone tells them it's not up for discussion.

The bell rings and Stiles sighs. "I'll meet you guys at Scotts." He tells us and heads to class.

I go to head to my own class but Scott grabs my arm. "You do anything you can to get Derek to stop Peter. Anything." Scott looks into my eyes and he's dead serious.

"W-what do you mean?"

"You know what I mean." Scott drops my arm and leaves me in the middle of the hallway that swarms with students.