Chapter 15 - Wake up. This is reality.

I watch as Stiles paces around his living room.

"You told me that you loved me. Remember? I already saw you kiss him... Now this?" He gives me a quick glance but remains pacing.

I look down at my lap, twiddling my fingers. "I know. You're right. But I needed the information. I need to get him on our side. No matter what it took."

"That's the worst excuse ever and you know it." He finally stops pacing and faces the large living room window covered with white lace curtains, his back to me.

"It's not an excuse...it's a reason. And a horrible one I know. But now we have Derek, Erica, Boyd and Isaac on our side."

I see the silhouette of his head shake. "No, you shouldn't have to do that to get someone on your side. I trusted you the first time. I can't trust you the second time."

"...Stiles..." I hope that he'll turn around to face me once more and forgive me. But he refuses to look at me.

"It's best for you to leave now."

I stand up, afraid. Afraid of what I've done to Stiles, and afraid of how his voice stayed stern and strong as he spoke.

"Okay..." I quickly walk into Stiles' room and grab my bag, taking one last look around. I ruined it. I ruined everything because I was stupid. Where's Laura when you needed her, I think to myself. She could help fix any problem.

I re-enter the hallway and head straight for the door, not daring to say good bye to Stiles who has yet to leave his position.

***

I knock on the large wooden door, surprised it's still intact.

"Delilah?"

I look up at Isaac, the house looking untouched since his father had died well before I came to Beacon Hills.

"Isaac...I'm sorry but Stiles and I...and Derek...and Alison and Scott..." I ramble off in broken sentences, feeling pathetic.

"Come on in," Isaac motions for me to step inside, gently removing my backpack from my shoulder and setting it on the couch in the living room.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"What happened?" He motions for me to sit next to him. "Explain everything."

I take a seat next to him, looking down at my hand I begin to explain. "Stiles kicked me out, and I totally deserved it. He already caught me kissing Derek once and accepted my apology. But a second time...which was worse...he doesn't forgive me and he never should." I pause and use the sleeve of my sweater to dry a few tears that have escaped. Boy did I feel like a complete useless fool. But something about Isaac made me trust him. "So obviously I can't and won't go to Derek's. And Alison's aunt tried to kill me so it's safer for me to stay away from Scott's house for long periods of time..."

"So you want to stay here?"

"If you don't want me I understand, really." I stand up, "I shouldn't have just came on over." I wrap my fingers around the handle on top of my bag when Isaac stops me.

"No, you can stay."

"Are you sure?" I look up at him wearily.

He nods, "Yeah, it's only me here. It's been pretty lonely. Besides, we don't have to tell them, you can just say you found a place to stay. I am apart of Derek's pack."

"That would be a great idea, but Derek will smell my scent off of you. If he realizes you're hiding me he will question you."

"What will Scott say about you being here?"

"He won't care, he likes you. You're the good one out of Derek and his pack." I laugh.

Isaac cracks a grin. "The guest room is upstairs, the first door on your right."