Chapter 26 - Tied Ends

Considering I have not known her for very long, it's really hard for me to watch as Derek and Isaac lower Bryn's body into a hole they dug behind the Hale house, next to Derek's sister Laura, Bryn's good friend. Maybe it's so hard because I'm just standing here watching, with Ethan and Aiden on each side of my, clinging to me as they watch. Their bodies rack with short sobs and I know they hope it's only me who notices.

I had talked to Aiden earlier today about Bryn, seems Ethan refused to mention her name since she was killed three days ago. Apparently Bryn was a friend of their father's; she was pretty high up in her werewolf status for a wolf our age. Aiden also dated Bryn for three years. It ended last year when Bryn was getting really involved in helping so many alphas, betas and even omegas that Kali along with a few other alphas from their pack weren't happy about.

"I never lost feelings for her," Aiden admits, "I knew how hard it was for her to leave."

I just nod slightly, holding him in my arms.

"I never thought I'd see her dead," he tells me with tears forming in his eyes. "Ethan loved her too, she was like his sister..." He trails off, gentle sobs coming from him.

I pains me so much to see them so upset, and knowing that there's nothing I can do to change what happened. Like Carla said, I have a different Tainted power than her.

She had treated both of them well and I wish I could thank her for that.

"Hey, sorry I was running a bit late with school." Stiles appears in front of me, giving me a quick kiss on my cheek.

Oh did I forget to mention? On a happier note, things also cleared up between us and I got approval from a few special men in my life.

"Delilah..." Stiles gets to me before I can get into Ethan's truck.

I raise an eyebrow at him, waiting for him to continue.

"Can you come with me? I wanted to talk to you..." Stiles gestures to his Jeep a few parking slots over.

"Um, sure," I tell him, looking to a distraught Aiden who just nods. "But can you drop me back to Derek's apartment after?" I ask, realizing that he might take it the wrong way I add, "Ethan and Aiden are staying there, and they need me."

"Right," Stiles nods, glancing over to the twins, "I'm really sorry," he says sincerely.

"Yeah, me too," Aiden nods. "We'll see you later," He tells me as Ethan pulls out of the parking lot.

I follow Stiles to his Jeep, slipping into the passenger seat. "What do you want to talk about?" I look over to him as he puts the keys in the ignition.

"What do you think?" He asks sarcastically.

I roll my eyes with a small grin, "Okay, you first."

"I'm sorry."

"What?" I look at him bewildered. "Why are you sorry? Do you remember what I did?" I outburst, looking away from him when everything I've done to him floods into my head.

He takes a breath, ignoring me comment he continues. "I overreacted, you tried to apologise but I didn't listen because I didn't trust you. But now I realise that I do trust you, with my life. And whoever you choose, I respect your decision. Derek was your mate; I can't even compete with that if my life depended on it."

"Stiles..." I look at him, unable to reply.

"Just tell me your decision. And don't say you don't know because you do. You've known for a while, you just had to realise it." He interjects before I can speak.