Chapter 4 - I'll be Your Keeper for Life

I'm startled awake by the sound of...music? I bolt up out of the bed and turn around just in time to see Stiles almost have a heart attack at my sudden movement and fall off the bed.

"What the hell?" Stiles looks at me as he picks himself up off the floor.

"What is that?" I ask trying to regain my sanity.

"An alarm." Stiles looks at me like I'm the stupidest person ever and reaches for his phone that lays blasting music on the table next to his bed. He shuts off the music, "Better?"

"Yeah." I run my hand through my hair, calming my nerves and I sit back down on the bed.

"I'll be back in a minute." Stiles sleepily makes his way down the hall.

I get up and walk in front of the mirror, running my fingers through my hair and using the black elastic band that hugs my wrist to put my hair up into a messy bun. I pick up my leather jacket, toss it on and check my pockets. My left pocket holds a pack of Dentyne ice spearment gum, and a tube of natural lip gloss. I stuff my hand into my right pocket and find my wallet; I wip it out and find all my cash still inside. I guess I know what I'm doing today, I think to myself. I tuck my wallet back into my coat just as Stiles enters the room again.

"You ready?" He looks over at me. For the first time I notice how adorable he actually is. His hair short and gelled up, his blue plaid button up unbuttoned with a white t-shirt inside that hangs out over his deep blue jeans.

"Yeah," I focus back on his words. "But I'm gonna walk to school." He gives me a weird look. "I need some fresh air." I shrug.

He nods. "Okay, we'll I'll catch up with you there."

I follow him out to the porch, he slips into his black hightop sneakers and I slide into my black combat style boots. He jumps into his light blue jeep. "Are you sure?" He calls before closing his door.

"Positive." I reply and start walking. As soon as his jeep passes me and I am no longer able to see him I head in the direction of the mall. If I'm going to stay here I'm going to want some clothes.

I arrive at the huge mall and visit some of my favourite stores, it feels like forever since I've acted like a normal 17 year old girl. I buy some solid colour button up shirts, blue skinny jeans, a white long sleeve shirt, a couple hoodies, and a make up set from a clothing store; and a backpack for my clothes, and a couple notebooks and pens for school at the department store. After waiting in the line ups and making my way through large crowds, it's already 2:30pm when I exit the mall.

I walk back to the school, my bag with my stuff slung over my right shoulder. I find Stiles' jeep in the school parking lot and lean against it, waiting for him to come out.

"Where the hell were you!?" I look up from my Blackberry and see Stiles running towards me.

"Uh, shopping." I gesture to the bag on my shoulder.

"And you didn't bother to mention that earlier?!" Stiles freaks at me.

"I didn't think it was a big deal..." I eye him wearily.

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair. "It's just Peter is running rampid around here, not to mention Derek's pack and..." He shakes his head and gets in the jeep.

I hesitantly climb into the jeep next to him. "You do realize I can take care of myself, right?" I look over to Stiles with a slight smirk, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, I guess I keep forgeting about that." He focuses on the road.

"Well, I'm sorry." I look at him as we pull into the driveway. "I should have told you so you'd know."

Hey There Delilahजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें