Chapter 2 - New

I can see in his eyes he's shocked. "What happened?" He urges.

I give him a sarcastic smile, "Cause you care." Although I'd like to leave it at that, I continue. "When the werewolves passed through, one bit me. I didn't even notice 'till I was away from the town."

"How did you not know?" Derek give me a bitter look.

"They knocked me out. I woke up with barely any time to escape." I reply sternly.

He just stands there quiet, which to anyone else it would seem normal for him; but I know better than that. Derek wasen't always like this, Laura would tell me stories about how funny he was, all he did was joke around. He could come up with a sarcastic response for practically everything, and not his usual brooding sarcasm either, but a light hearted kind of sarcasm. After all, losing your family would do that to you. Even when I was with Derek, he was never truly himself. Though he was happier than he is now.

I go to speak, but before I can Derek just turns around and walks back to his car. "It's best for you to leave town." He calls without even a slight glance back to me.

I stand there absolutely stunned as his silky black car headlights flash over me and they drive away. My fists clench as I try control my emotions, I can't just leave here, I think to myself. Where would I go? For all I know there isn't a town within miles of this place. I sigh and head out the path that the car took, and five minutes later I pop out onto the highway. Hoping I go the right way, I start jogging down the road.

* * * * * * *

I arrive in Beacon Hills and go straight to the High School; I heard the first bell ring when I entered the city. When I enter the building I listen for a stern voice, papers russeling and head straight for it. Sure enough I enter the principals office.

"Hello, I'm Delilah." I shake the principals hand.

"Well hello there, you must be one of our exchange students." The principal greets me with a smile.

"Yes," I lie, smiling back at the man who seems like he should be retired.

"Well let me go though my file and give you your class schedule. Third perid started ten minutes ago but I don't think..." He reads a schedule that he pulled out from a brown folder. "Mr. Harris, will mind too much." He hands me the piece of paper and smiles.

I read the block he points at, Chemistry, Mr. A Harris, Rm 245.

"You might need this." He hands me an exercise, I realise that I don't have any kind of school supplies with me, I wasen't exactly planning on this.

"Uh, yeah. Thanks." I say and head down the hall.

One long hallway, twenty stairs and a million twists and turns later, I arrive in front of room 245. I listen for a minute before knocking, a full class. But something seems off, someone. I knock on the door and Mr. Harris quickly answers.

"Yes?" He looks at me.

"Uh, I'm Delilah." I show him my schedule. "An exchange student." The tall man with dark short hair and think black glassses takes a look at the piece of paper.

"Oh, well come on in." He opens the door and stands up directly in front of the class, gathering their attention.

Great, I think. Full class introduction. If there was one thing I didn't miss about school, well aside from the homework, it was being in front of a classroom full of people.