Chapter 14 - Reasons

"What are we going to do? We need a plan!" Scott paces around the Stilinski living room.

"Where is Isaac and Erica? Shouldn't they be here?" Stiles raises an eyebrow to Derek who leans casually against the wall across from us.

"There out." Derek tells Stiles.

"Don't pack to much detail in there." Stiles grumbles and takes my hand in his, we sit on the couch.

I notice Derek's gaze lock onto our hands and pray Stiles and Scott don't notice. "Do we know how many there are?" I ask, redirecting Derek's attention.

"No." Derek mumbles.

"Well we need more wolves." Stiles says.

"No! We can't make more just to fight!" Scott exclaims, running his hand through his hair.

"What else can we do?" I ask him.

"We can fight." Allison enter the room and Scott gives her a hug.

"I don't want you to be in the middle of this." Scott tells her smoothly.

"He's right." I chime in. "You shouldn't have to risk your life for our werewolf problem."

Allison shakes her head. "I'm a hunter, it's my job. Besides, Dad and his men will help."

"You asked them already?" Scott looks down at her.

"Yeah. They're willing."

"How do we know we can trust them?" Derek glowers.

"You just have to trust us." Allison meets his gaze with confidence.

At Derek's grimace I speak. "We don't have any other options." I tell him. "Even a pack wouldn't be trained enough to fight alphas anyway."

"So it's settled. We fight together." Scott looks from me to Allison.

"Then what do I do?" Stiles looks to Scott.

"You stay here. Safe." I look to Stiles. "You aren't risking youself for this."

"Hey, I'm not letting you go fight without me!" He argues.

"Yes you are." Derek steps away from the wall and towards us. "She can fight, we need her. You'll slow her down." He turns and leaves the house.

Stiles looks to me. "He's right." I shrug. "I'll be worried about you and won't be able to fight." I squeeze his hands gently. "I need to know you'll be safe."

Stiles shakes his head violently. "I can't just wait here knowing you might die!"

"Yes you can. And you will." I stand up, signaling the end of the discussion.

At my movement Scott speaks up. "We'll head out then." He puts his arm around Allison and leads her out.

"We'll talk tomorrow." I call after them and turn back to Stiles who gets up and grumbly walks to his room. I mentally sigh and follow him. "You understand why I won't let you, right?" I stand in the doorway and he sits on his computer chair.

"I guess." He spins around in the chair then stops it. "I just don't like that you agreed with Derek."

"Stiles, that doesn't make sense. We can agree on things." I give him a baffled look.

"I know, it's just, he seems different. Like now that Calla's gone he's focused on getting you back."

"Don't be ridiculous."

He shakes his head. "I can see it in his eyes. Don't pretend you didn't see him watching you from the parking lot. He treats you like you're his and I don't like it." Stiles sighs and leans back in his chair.

I think about the other night with Derek but I can't bring myself to tell him. "I noticed." I mumble.

"Exactly." He runs his hand through his hair and hesitates before speaking. "Do you still care about him?"

"Well yeah he's -."

"As more than friends Delilah." Stiles interupts me.

It's my turn to hesitate. I look to Stiles and I can see the sadness in his eyes, he already knows the answer.

"Yes." I whisper.

He nods. "That's what I thought." He turns away from me.

"Stiles...I...I should tell you something." I stutter, I can't believe I'm going to do this. Stiles nods his head, still back on, for me to continue. "When I went to talk to Derek...we uh." Stiles whirls around and faces me.

"You had sex with him?!"

"I-I don't know what happened..." I look down, ashamed.

"Did you...did you like it?" Stiles whispers.

I look at him, bewildered. "Uh..."

"Just answer the question."

"Yes." My voice barely audible.

Stiles stands up, slaming the chair as he rises. "Why didn't you just tell me you still loved him? Instead of putting me through this." Stiles storms towards the door where I stand and I put my arm out, he brings up solid.

"I didn't tell you for a reason."

"Oh, what? To protect me?" He says, his voice full of sarcasm.

"Because I still love you."

He gives me a weird look. "If you loved me you wouldn't have done that."

"No, I did it because I love Derek. But I'm ashamed of it, because I love you."