Chapter 24 - Guess Again

"What's happening?" Derek looks over at me, a puzzled expression on his face.

"The Lookos aren't here! I don't know where they are and something tells me we're not safe..." I look over to Ethan and Peter. Not one werewolf has come to attack us... If no one is here, then what are we up against?

"Be careful," He slowly steps towards the platform, stopping for a quick second after each step.

"Derek..." Something catches my eye on the left side of the cave, a flashing blue light.

He looks back at me, "What is it?"

I carefully point at the blue light as if us noticing it would set something off.

"There's a trap here somewhere..." Derek grumbles.

"Motion sensor?" I scan the walls for any sign of other devices.

He shakes his head, "There's nothing anywhere."

Then it hits me, "It's underground."

Derek follows my gaze to the platform, "A weight sensor."

"Then how are we going to get them out?" The cave is empty, there's nothing we could possibly use –

"Rocks," He runs to the side of the cave, breaking off a large boulder.

"How is that going to work?" I look from him to the rock.

"We just need to find a way to untie them and when they jump off, place the stone."

"What if the stone isn't the exact weight?" I eye the rock nervously.

"It will be, trust me." He picks up the boulder and brings it in front of the platform, then heads back for another one, "Any ideas on how to untie them?"

"I'm thinking," I scan not just the walls of the cave but the ground. Nothing but cobble stone and sharp rocks...that's it – boy, am I on a roll. I pick up two sharp rocks that resemble an arrow head, throwing them as I would to make them skip water. The first one neatly slices Ethan's rope, flying past him and onto the ground. Ethan quickly and gently slips out of the tangled rope. The second rock slices Peter's rope, but it clips his shoulder and drops to the platform.

"Get down!" Derek shouts, having laid down the second large rock in time to see the sharp rock fall.

I'm forced to the wall furthest from the platform and down to the ground thanks to Derek. I quickly glance to the side and notice Ethan and Peter both making to the wall also.

"Watch your eyes!" Derek shoves his hand over my eyes and I huddle close as the platform explodes.

Pieces of rock go flying everywhere, and sharp rocks at that. I feel them pierce through my jeans, slicing my skin and stones flick against my head. I hear grunts from everyone including myself as we try and sustain the blow.

"Are you guys alright?" I hear Scott call.

"Fine!" Ethan shouts back.

I slowly come back onto my knees, removing the bits of rock that still stick into me.

"Delilah! Are you hurt?"

I look up to see Stiles beginning to kneel next to me.

"How did you..." I look past him and notice the explosion had blasted away most of the rock that covered the entrance. I guess they thought we'd run straight up to the platform and be blasted back.

"Delilah!" Stiles demands my attention.

"I'm fine Stiles!" I shout back, "It's just a few rocks, nothing serious." I explain.