Chapter 16 - Provoking

"Hey, it's 7 o'clock."

  I open my eyes with a yawn. "Okay..."

  I hear Isaac chuckle as he heads back downstairs and into the kitchen.

  I jump out of bed and quickly fix the sheets and get dressed. Heading downstairs to the kitchen where Isaac is drinking a glass of milk.

  "Good morning," He smiles. "Hungry?" He tosses me an apple.

  "Thanks," I reply, taking a bite.

  "Are you going to school today?"

  I think for a minute. "Biology first period with Allison." I state flatly. I haven't really spoken to her since her aunt tried to kill me, and did kill Cala.

  He raises an eyebrow. "Is that a no?"

  "That's a hell yeah." I smirk.

***

  I slip into the desk behind Allison's and watch as the classroom fills up quickly. I had left Isaac back at his locker seems he was catching up with Scott and Stiles. I rather deal with Allison over Stiles, mainly because it's a smaller issue.

  Allison enters the room and notices me instantly. She walks down to her desk in front of me and slides into it quickly, without so much as a glance my way.

  I open my notebook. The class settled down as Mr. Grimm began calling out names off the attendance record. I pick up my blue ink gel pen and hold it firmly between my index finger and my thumb; drawing neat slashes down and across the left hand page; drawing them light and slow at first, then quicker and harder...quicker and harder. Yet my eyes never once looked down at the page, they stayed focused on Allison's back.

  As the slashes began digging deeper into the thin paper, I watched as she tensed up. I put one extra lot of force onto my pen, knowing that she understood, knowing that she felt me staring.

  Like a ticking bomb, Allison's hand shot up in the air instantly.

  "Yes, Allison." Mr. Grimm looked to his model student.

  "May I be excused for a moment?" She asked with an even tone.

  "Of course," He nods. Not even bothering to ask where she was going.

  I waited twenty minutes. Waiting for Mr. Grimm to be more focused on his teaching rather than when Allison was coming back.

  "Sir?" I call out in the middle of class.

  "Delilah?" He doesn't even turn to face me.

  "May I go get a drink of water?" I give him a look of honest discomfort when he turns around.

  "Go ahead," He nods.

  Allison wasn't the only student on Mr. Grimm's favourite list.

  I rise from my seat and exit the class as I would on any other day. Only this time when I exit the room, I stop; listening for her heart beat. The cafeteria.

  Without hesitation I walk quickly down the hall and in through the big set of double doors that reveal tables filled with empty chairs; Allison standing a few feet in front of me.

  "What?" She hisses.

  "We need to talk." I state firmly, "About your aunt."

  She relaxes slightly and leans against one of the tables. "I couldn't stop her." She tells me honestly.

  I nod. "I realize. But I just need you to answer one question for me, that's all."

  She looks at me, her arms crossed, waiting for me to speak.