A week passed, and after much planning on her end, Lorelei was finally ready to start her project

"Phase one of project popularity is a hook. Like any good essay, I've got to hook my audiences," she gestured her arms out at the students passing them in the hallway, "attention."

"How do you plan on doing that?" Liz asked from her left.

A smirk molded onto her face as they, once again, walked into their potions class. "I found out what we will be brewing today."

"What does that have to do with your plan?"

She grinned and stopped by the chalkboard. Written in large letters, read AMORTENTIA.

Simultaneously, Liz and Melissa raised their eyebrows.

As if they didn't already know what such a potion did, she explained. "I've decided on a scandal. Those seem to get everyone's attention well enough." She tried to keep the bitterness from her voice, but failed enough that both her friends looked sympathetic. She took a deep breath and moved on, "So I landed on the potion that quite literally gets people's knickers in a twist."

The trio walked to their seats. "And who will be subjected to this potion?"

"Oh that's the absolute best part." Lorelei smiled, almost painfully wide. "You see, I didn't want to actually use it on anyone, that feels like assault, but for my plan to succeed I need people to think I did. And I have the perfect victim for my plan who happens to owe me a favor." She explained as they sat down.

"Who?"

"Oh, Turpin. How naive you are. Thinking I'll just tell you. You'll have to find out with the rest of the school."

"Amortentia." Her professor, Horace Slughorn, stood up and said, "A powerful potion. So powerful I fought with Dumbledore to ban the teaching of this potion." He chuckled to himself, "Ah, here we are. Turn to page twenty eight of your books."

Lorelei would never brag about her smarts, but just like most of the other Ravenclaws she had a knack for most of her classes.

She was glad for that as she stirred her potion, the signature mother of pearl sheen telling her she'd done it correctly.

While Slughorn was distracted helping another student, Lori took a vial and dipped it in her cauldron, filling it with the silvery liquid.

After filling it, she wiped it off and put it in her bra. Smiling in her triumph she started stirring again as Slughorn came over.

"It's perfect!" He said happily despite his expression remaining dry.

After he moved on to the next student, she couldn't help but lean in and take a whiff of the potion.

Immediately, she recognized the two distinct smells, but she couldn't quite put her finger on who fit the different smells.

The smell in the air after it rains and a stupidly strong cologne.