"Happy New Year!" The whole group shouted, clinking dozens of glasses into one another

Glaring from the corner, Lorelei sipped her water bitterly.

Sirius came over and flung his arm over her shoulders, slowly walking her toward his group or friends, "Oh lighten up Lori, you may not be able to drink, but you are the only one of us creating another person."

Remus whacked Sirius's arm around Lori until he got off of her, "She's not a baby factory Pads lay off the poor girl."

"I've never wanted alcohol more than I want it at this moment." Lorelei declared as the two bickered.

"I just meant Lori is the only one of us who gets a baby version of Prongs. I, for one, am extremely jealous." Sirius stated before taking a swig of his drink.

Glaring at the dark-haired boy, Lorelei considered the legal ramifications of using an unforgivable on him. "You are very fortunate I don't have the patience to be arrested by James."

"Padfoot, what have you done to my poor wife to make her so upset?" James asked, joining the conversation.

"We're not married yet-" Lorelei said before Sirius cut her off.

"I just pointed out how lucky she is to be making a smaller version of you."

"What if she makes a tiny version of her?" Remus asked.

Sirius paused.

Rolling her eyes, Lorelei took another sip of her water as her stomach began to flip uncomfortably.

James slid an arm around her back, "Are you okay?" He said as lowly as possible while still being able to be heard over the conversations surrounding them.

Pasting on a smile, Lorelei nodded, "Just a bit nauseous is all."

"Sirius has that effect."

"Hey!" Sirius objected.

Cracking a small smile, Lorelei sipped her water a little less bitterly, "Alright, everyone make their bet now as to what the gender will be."

"Girl." Sirius said with drunken confidence.

Remus took a moment longer to think before saying, "Boy."

"Peter?" Lorelei asked, effectively snapping him out of his half drunken stupor.

"Huh? Oh, uh, boy." Peter replied softly before leaning further into the couch he currently hogged.

Chuckling Lorelei whispered to James, "Maybe we should cut the poor kid off."

"Ah, he's having a good time. Let the bloke live." James replied casually. "I personally think it's a girl."

"Two for a girl, and two for a boy. Lori is the tiebreaker." Remus announced.