81

And then the world spun out of control

Voldemort made a bold move just days into November, attacking a Muggle university building and killing hundreds of muggles in the process.

Before the Ministry could even try to make a response, he struck again. This time, he stormed a smaller wizard only bar on the outside of London, killing thirty wizards and torturing six to the point of uncontrollable seizing.

Again, the ministry had no room to move before he struck again, attacking a Muggle shopping center.

For days after, as the ministry did their best to clean up the messes quickly the entire wizarding world was on edge. But as the second week in November progressed calmly, they slowly relaxed.

And then witches and wizards began going missing. Dozens, old and young, vanishing without a trace.

Days passed in stress as every wizard in Britain braced themselves and their loved ones against Voldemort's onslaught.

On the third Sunday of the month, Lorelei paced her kitchen. Not for the first time and definitely not for the last, she was glad she didn't live alone. On rotation, the three of them renewed the shielding spells around their apartment.

Melissa and Liz walked into the kitchen together, "Still no sign of anyone interacting with the shields at all, let alone attacking them."

Lorelei nodded, grateful for the information.

Liz sat down gingerly at the island, wincing with the movement, "Godric, can someone get me a pain relief potion?"

Reaching up into the cabinet, Lorelei sorted through the potions, "For cramps?" She asked. At Liz's sound of agreement, she pulled down a strong pain relief. Portioning it out she set the small glass in front of Liz.

"You must be just as worse off as I am." Liz stated as she set the glass down.

"Actually," Lorelei put the potion bottle back on the shelf, "No."

Liz furrowed her brow as she sucked down the potion. Once she swallowed she asked, "No?"

Melissa, chiming in from the other side of Liz, added, "You and Liz have been synched every month since we moved in together."

Lorelei shrugged, "It's probably stress, if we're being honest." She rubbed her hands down her face, "I haven't had a moment of calm since this month started, and with James being an auror - I can't," She cut herself off, shaking her head. Giving the girls a feeble smile she leaned against the counter, "I can't even think of him without spiking my heart rate."

The two girls shared a look before Melissa reached into the tea cabinet, and brewed one peppermint tea and two chamomile. Setting the peppermint in front of Lorelei, and one of the camomiles in front of Liz, Melissa gave them both looks of no-nonesense. "We could all do with some tea and company."