55

"I think I'm becoming an alcoholic

"I think I'm becoming an alcoholic." Lorelei joked as she took a shot of firewhisky.

"You better not be," Melissa replied seriously as she downed a shot of her own, "You're not allowed to become an alcoholic unless you have gone through a war or a similarly traumatic event."

Scoffing, Lorelei perused the snack table, "With how the Daily Prophet is labeling things with this Voldemort character, we just might be entering a war."

Melissa whacked her arm, "Don't even jest about such things, Lori."

Chuckling, Lorelei chased the firewhisky with a cup cake, "Calm down. I doubt he will get far enough for a full on war before the ministry or, hell, Dumbledore does something."

Melissa hummed unconvincingly before grabbing a pastry from the snack table. A moment of 'silence' passed between the two - filled of course by obnoxiously loud music.

Gryffindor's were never ones for subtlety.

"Oh," Melissa said suddenly as she finished chewing her pastry, "How did things go with James last night?"

Lorelei smiled as she filled her shot glass with more firewhisky, "Oh you know, we just talked about Ranulph Le Potere and uh, nothing else except," She tapped her chin, purposefully playing up the news, "Oh yeah, I may have revealed that I know he's in the order and that I am also in Dumbledore's soldier club."

"Lorelei!" Melissa said, playfully reprimanding her while grabbing another pastry.

Shrugging, Lorelei downed the second shot.

"How did that conversation go?" Melissa asked, biting into her pastry.

"Fine, I suppose. He seemed less surprised than I expected." Setting her shot glass down, Lorelei brushed her fingers on her pants, "Although he retired soon after. Perhaps he was more alarmed by the news than I expected, but I'm not sure."

A hand grabbed her shoulder, turning her in the direction of the person that grabbed her.

"Come dance!" Remus said, already dragging Lorelei away from Melissa by her shoulder.

Looking back at Melissa, who waved her away, Lorelei reluctantly followed Remus into the center of the room where dozens of other students were dancing.

After arriving to Remus' predetermined spot she found James, Sirius, and Peter nearby. "Having fun?" Lorelei yelled to Remus, the music much louder now that she was on the dance floor.

Remus laughed and nodded whilst dancing, "Are you?" He yelled back.

Nodding back, Lorelei laughed as they dancing together.

Eventually Sirius joined them and Lorelei, secretly hoping the two would be drunk enough to confess their feelings to one another, wandered away from her friends. Veering off the dance floor she found herself in front of a Ravenclaw, "Pardon me," She said automatically while trying to remember his name.