61

Winter swept through the school, freezing everything but time as the new couple paraded their new relationship through the school

Interest in the two piqued with the other students, but neither of them cared as their love swept them away.

When Christmas break came they reluctantly said their goodbyes, promising to write the entire time they were apart.

It wasn't until she was in her childhood bedroom, drafting her eighth letter of the week that Lorelei realized how cheesy she'd become.

The last week of December she withdrew writing two daily letters to James to only one. Although the utter boredom of her mother's home made thinking of anything but James difficult.

Her father was once again traipsing about the world with his girlfriend, leaving Lorelei stranded with her mother- who had decided Christmas break, one of the only chances she'd see her daughter the whole year, she was going to remodel the entire house.

Magic should have made it faster for the renovations, but Etta changed her mind about every piece of furniture and coat of paint in every room, tripling the time.

A smaller, less assured part of Lorelei wondered if she did it to avoid her. But the Lorelei who would be turning eighteen in two months brushed off her mothers negligence.

It wasn't anything she wasn't used to.

With Christmas brought gifts, including a beautiful Ruby necklace from James, but none of them compared to the watch her sister gave her.

Engraved on the back, it said: May Time Never Slow You Down.

The seemingly simple gift meant everything to Lorelei. Her sister had never given her such a thoughtful present.

But just as quickly as the holiday started, it ended with January leading her back to school.

Back to James.

Wearing an orange and red sweater, she rubbed her arms as she searched the platform for James.

With no luck she stepped onto the train and quickly found the gryffindor in the small compartment on the end. Not quite his usual residence, but Lorelei didn't care. Opening the door she couldn't help the large grin on her face as she haphazardly tossed her luggage on the shelf above them.

James hadn't looked up, too engrossed in the paper.

Her joy was replaced quickly by dread as she sat next to him. Peeking over his shoulder she read the headline: Voldemort's Army Grows - Ministry At A Loss.

The moving image on the paper showed a group of masked people, each wearing dark robes and pointing their wands forward. The leading cloaked person shot a spell, causing the image to be filled with an ominous fog until the photo reset, endlessly repeating the moment the hoard destroyed the camera.