Chapter 4

The car stopped in front of a magnificent restaurant. Amelia's heart sank as Victor opened her side of the door. He waited for her patiently to get out. She didn't have a choice but to leave the space of the car which seemed safe at the moment.

He lead her to the enterance of the restaurant. Few guards followed her into the loby. They reached the reception.

"Good evening Ms. McCarthy! Mr. Santiago is waiting for you on the top floor" The receptionist greeted her. Amelia looked at her unsure. Her eyes begged her not to send her in lion's den. But nothing seemed to work.

Victor lead her to the elevator. Even the elevator of this hotel was otherworldly. But the poor girl wasn't in the situation to admire the expensive looking restaurant.

"You won't come?" She asked when she didn't saw Victor entering the elevator with her. He was surprised for a mini second that she was talking to him but replied immediately. "No Mam! Sir is waiting only for you"

He pressed the top floor button and the lift closed. Now Amelia was even more scared. A part of her wanted to just press some other floor and run from there but she highly doubted that it was possible specially in those heels. She could feel them biting at her feet.

The hotel was really big and there were many floors, still she felt like she reached the destined floor in no time. In all honesty, she needed more time to prepare herself for her nightmare.

As the lift opened, she saw that this part of the hotel was exquisitely beautiful. It had a glass wall from where the whole city could be seen. Still she didn't want to move out of her safe space.

There wasn't anyone on the floor but one dark figure that appeared to be standing there and staring at her in dim light forced her to step out. This was way worse than she imagined. She thought that they would be in public place which would give her a sense of security. But looks like, he had other plans.

As she walked forward, she stopped at a good distance from him. But to her bad luck, he started walking towards her. She focused on his well polished shoes as they approacged her. "Good Evening Love!" He greeted. His dark voice sent chills in her body. She forced herself to say; "E-evening!" Because it certainly wasn't good for her.

"You are looking beautiful love" He complimented. She didn't know what to say. The only thing that she could think of was the pleading she wanted to do to be out of this hell.

She flinched slightly when he moved to help her take off the overcoat. She made a disapproving sound which said that she wanted to keep it on.

"Let me take it off for you love" His voice was as soft as a big guy like his could be but it still held authority. Amelia was already very much scared of him. So she didn't say a word when he took off her coat this time. He kept it aside and looked at her. She felt naked under his gaze. Her milky legs were visible from under the coat but at least it provided protection to her arms and neck. The neckline of the dress wasn't deep but she would prefer to cover anything she could from the devil.

He lead her to the table that was set beautifully at the corner and took the seat out to help her sit. She didn't say anything as he came to his seat and sat in front of her. She liked the 180° distance between them. Amelia stopped herself from fidgeting in her place when he kept staring at her face. If he wanted to keep looking at her for the night, he could've asked for her pic. She would've gladly given it to him rather than spending time here.

"You made some delay love." His voice startled her but she kept looking at her hands on her lap.

"I would like for you to understand that you are not allowed to disobey me Lia." His nickname for her made her know that he was mad at her stunt.