Chapter 70

*Unedited

Double Update!

27th February, 2024

Words Count: 6197

Author's Note:

🍸Amelia giving a piece of her mind to Victor.

🍸Amelia visits Ajax's office for a deal or something.

🍸Amelia getting jealous.

🍸I wanted to ask you guys about something important. Since most of you have repeatedly claimed that you've read this book multiple times, which means that you remember the scenes and storyline better than me.

🍸I haven't put a proper story description of this book since the starting. I thought I would figure it out later but am still unable to do so.

🍸So I wanted to ask your opinion about which scene will be best fitting to put as a sneak peak and attract new readers?

🍸I hope you guys will reply to at least this one.

🍸I had announced on my board that this update will be long. But it got so long that I split it into two chapters.

🍸But I didn't go back on my words. 4000ish is my normal word count. So everything is else is considered a long chapter.

🍸In total there are around 14000 words so enjoy!

Third Person Pov:

"I'm asking you last time Victor, where the hell is he?" Amelia shouted at the poor guy who was standing in front of her like a culprit. His arms were crossed on his front with his eyes casted down and head bowed.

"Mam I already told you that I have no idea about sir's whereabouts" Victor repeated the same thing he had been saying for the last five minutes.

"Don't give me this crap Victor. You are his damn tail and you are telling me that you don't know where my wounded husband ran off to?" She asked bewildered. What did that guy think of her? She wasn't an idiot.

Victor wanted to say that her husband was a full grown 26 years old man not a wounded puppy who would run off somewhere or get lost. But again, if she screamed at him like she was doing right now, his boss must have made a desperate but right decision.

"My apologies mam but I'm telling the truth" He said.

"You should've taken that bullet in that thick head of yours. That way this world would've gotten rid of a lying bastard" She was mad. Really mad! It had only been two weeks since the attack and Ajax wasn't completely healed. She forbade him from going on a dangerous mission again but he disobeyed her and went behind her back.

Victor glared at the guards standing behind him. The suppressed sounds of their laughs indicated how much they were enjoying the underboss getting scolded by a woman. He was a strict boss and a total ass so it served him right!

Unfortunately Amelia's attention diverted to them when Victor turned to glare at them. "What are you laughing about? Stupid useless goons!" She yelled at them. They shifted in their placed at the scolding. Maids knew they could be next so they did a better job at hiding the fact that they were enjoying the ongoing drama.

"Mam please believe me. I'm not lying!" Victor tried to make her understand.

"Let's say I do believe you but when I specifically told you not to let him out of the house, why did you not follow?" She questioned.

"Mam he is my boss, my king. How can I ever stop him from something? I'm just a mere servant who likes to save his life from his wrath" Victor's voice was normal which meant sturdy but his words pleaded to be spared. Times like that he wondered who should he obey. He served his master so he must choose him. But when his master himself served that woman, then Victor could easily lose a life with that choice.