Chapter 68

*Unedited

9th February, 2024

Words Count: 7519

Author's Note:

🪷After so many requests and personal messages, I forced myself to finish this chapter.

🪷Plus, I wanted to give you an update before exams because it would get too delayed once they started.

🪷I don't like the quality of comments on my chapters but whatever.

🪷I was gonna stop at 4000ish something words but pushed myself to write more words.

🪷Enjoy!

Third Person Pov:

"Don't!"
"No!.... No!"
"Bad!"
"Leave the cord Knoxie!"
"I'm working!"
"Such a bad boy!"

Amelia was trying to work on her laptop but Knox kept chewing on the cord.

"It was your idea to bring him in the room at this hour" Ajax commented, typing away on his own laptop.

"Yeah thanks. You are being very helpful" She rolled her eyes and pulled the cord out of the yapping dog's canines. "Bad doggie!" She pointed a finger at Knox who let out a whining mewl at being called bad. Knox didn't like being called bad! Knox is a good boy! Knox likes pretty owner! Knox bites scary owner!

Amelia smiled at him and pulled him up on her lap. She couldn't let that pretty baby be sad. As a mommy owner, she must take care of a very bratty baby.

"Uh uh.... No paws on the keypad!" Knox liked the clicking sound of buttons. Even though he had been trained by a professional, Amelia would sometimes struggle to keep him in line due to her non-comanding tone. Also because, Knox liked being carefree around her. That didn't mean he was a 'Bad' boy. He would protect his owner with his life, like he had been trained.

"Knox! OFF!" Ajax's one roar was enough to make the bratty dog comply. He took his paw off the laptop and jumped down from Amelia's lap, now sitting obediently near her feet. See! He didn't like the scary owner! He just feared him!

Amelia smiled and rubbed his head, getting back to her work. She felt tired, agitated and needy at the same time. She supposed it was due to the fact that she was grounded for a week now. Ajax had been watching her mood all day. He checked the calender, it was 12th of the month. Her menstruation cycle should have started on 9th.

"Come here love!" He turned her seat towards himself. She smiled and got up to settle on his lap. He held her and kissed the side of her cheek. "You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah" She mumbled confused. "Have you been feeling any pain here?" He put his hand on her lower abdomen. "A little in the evening and last night but why are you asking?" She asked.

"You should've told me love. Your menstruation date has passed this month" He told her.

She frowned; "When was it?" After her first periods being his wife, he had taken charge of her cycle. She felt shy and uncomfortable at first but later, got used to his care.

"9th and today is 12th" He told her.

"May be they are late this month. It happens sometime" She shrugged.

"I know but it's not healthy. I'll book your appointment with Dr. Wilson for tomorrow" He told her.

Amelia immediately shook her head in no. The first time he came to know that her periods were delayed, he called Dr. Wilson. She tried to refuse but he was admanant. Doctor came and gave her a check up. She told him that it was normal and it happens sometimes due to various reasons.