Chapter 53

*Unedited

23rd September, 2023

Words Count: 5765

Author's Note:

👀A very early update for you guys.

👀It's more than 1500 words longer than the previous few chapters.

👀I'm so sleepy right now but I really wanted to update tonight so that I can read your comments in the morning.

👀The ending of this chapter is not satisfactory for me but my eyes are drooping right now and I don't have an Ajax to take care of me.

👀I wish more readers had told me where they were from even if they lied. I felt good reading those comments.

👀Thanks for loving my book from so far away countries.

👀Enjoy and let me know!

Third Person Pov:

"Wake up!"

Amelia woke up with a jolt when someone splashed cold water at her face. It had been a day since she was kidnapped and her situation was bad. She hadn't eaten in twenty four hours so her energy level was low. Adding the fact that she had a head injury and couple of other bruises.

Her vision was still a little hazy when she felt someone untying her hands and legs. A painful scream escaped her lips when someone hed her hair and pulled her up from the chair. "What the hell do you think of yourself?" It was Courtney, she was shouting for a reason still unknown to Amelia.

"L-leave me!" Amelia's voice was low and a little crooked. She was getting a head rush due to being forced to stand hastily, plus the lack of food in her stomach was making her weak. Her kidnappers didn't give her any food and she wasn't sure she would eat it if they would. They didn't intend to get any sort of ransom from her husband so they didn't need to keep her alive. The only reason they didn't kill her yet was they wanted to have a little fun with her.

"You think your prince will come and save you?" Courtney asked in a mocking tone.

"Well guess what princess! No one is coming. You are gonna rot in this cell till you die. And I won't give you an easy death" She yelled and jerked Amelia away making her fall on the concrete floor. Amelia groaned holding her elbow. She felt it getting bruised and may be the bone moved too.

Courtney was about to turn when her eyes fell on something glimmering in Amelia's hand. She crouched down in front of her who was still groaning in pain. Amelia whimpered when she held her hand in her claws. "This is a Queen's ring" Courtney said seeing Amelia's wedding band. It had intricate royal mafia designs with tiny silver diamonds embedded in it.

"You don't deserve to wear this on your lowly hand" She gritted and removed the band along with the engagement diamond ring from Amelia's finger. In doing so, she scratched her fingers too. "My Ajax gave you this. You lowclass gold digger need to know how to return precious things to the ones they belonged to.

Courtney rose to her feet and flew out of the cell. Amelia didn't say anything since expensive jewellery meant nothing to her. But somewhere in her heart, she felt a tugging feeling. Ajax had so gracefully put those rings on her finger. And the moment he did that, she wanted nothing more than taking them off. But today when someone actually took them away, she felt incomplete.

She collected her broken self on the floor and scooted to the far corner of the small cell. It was dark and dirty. She didn't like both. There was dust on the floor which was itching her fragile skin. She wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. She was untied just now but she knew there was no way out since she had already assessed the whole cell yesterday.