Chapter 13

*Edited

"Why didn't you tell us before?" Arnold asked Amelia.

"I didn't want to stress you dad, I thought that he would leave me after I'll come back home" Amelia said. She had just told her parents everything about Ajax. Her dad had come home this evening stressed about the surprise visit in his office. She and her mother were baking cake to celebrate her belated birthday. But once again, Ajax ruined it for her.

"He is not a man to mess with" Arnold mumbled. He had thought a lot today about how he had landed into the situation.

"You should have told us honey" Her mom said.

"I tried to tell you yesterday but I didn't want dad to get worried when we were having fun" Amelia said. She wanted to kill Ajax right now. He couldn't stop himself from ruining her first day at home.

"Dad he said he is a mafia king. He is a bad m-man dad. I don't w-want to be with him" She said. She wanted the comfort of her parents. She wanted the reassurance of her dad that everything was going to be fine.

"I know honey, I will protect my daughter. He will not get to touch you again" He dad tried to reassure her. He tried to sound confident but Amelia could feel the waver in his voice. She knew he was tensed. She hated Ajax for worrying her dad like that. She closed her eyes to control her tears as her dad hugged her.

"We will think about something" Her mom said patting her back.

--------------------------

*Cell phone ringing

Ajax came out of the closet wearing his sweatpants. He picked up his ringing cellphone. The corner of his lip lifted up in a small smile as he saw the caller id. "◦•●◉✿My Queen✿◉●•◦".It was the first time she ever called him by herself. He couldn't help the flutter of butterflies in his stomach. He felt like a pathetic teenager whose crush said hi.

He picked the call and brought the phone near his ear.

"What the hell is wrong with you?-" A velvety scream sounded from the other side. The small smile on his lips turned into a smirk. His girl sounded good when she was mad.

"-I told you I didn't like you then why did you present proposal to my dad?-" Amelia asked angrily. His girl didn't stutter when she was angry. He liked that.

"-And you had the audacity to threaten him. Why can't you get that I don't like you?-" Her voice sounded so beautiful. It was the first time she had talked to him this much. He let her continue.

"-You can't help yourself and ruin my first day at home. I was going to celebrate my birthday with my family since you ruined it last time. But I can't get any happiness when you are in my life" Amelia was out of breath now. Ajax had let her take her frustration out on him.

"I like hearing your voice, love" Those were the first words he said after everything she ranted to him.

His heavy voice brought back the fear in her but his stupid words made her angrier. She composed herself and said; "T-there is something seriously wrong with y-you"

"I know love and I need you to fix it" He said placing a hand on his heart. He couldn't understand himself what was wrong with his heart. How could it beat after so many years oof coldness and cruelty. Whatever she was doing to him, he needed her near to help figure out his feelings. He couldn't help himself and want her more.

Amelia frowned at his words but continued what she called for. The man was a psycho but she needed to focus; "Look Ajax, I just wanted t-"

Ajax cut her off; "My name sounds so good from your lips, love" He said in a dreamy voice.