𝙰𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚢

The contact name showed the person I never wanted to talk to, MOM

My mom is a fake person, same as my dad. They both act like loving parents infront of people, but the moment we arrive back home they just treat me like a disappointment.

𝙼𝚘𝚖: 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚙 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎, 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚛𝚞𝚙𝚝?

I resist the urge to type something I might regret. They never liked that I owned a flower shop. They wanted me to become a lawyer but I didn't follow them and chose what I want instead.

𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢: 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚖. 𝙸𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚛𝚞𝚙𝚝.

𝙼𝚘𝚖: 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝. 𝙳𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚢𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝?

Great. Just great. 8 months ago mom introduced me to this guy saying I'll marry him. I told them I don't want it and just went on with their shouts saying "Why? He's perfect, not like you who doesn't even make their parents proud."

𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢: 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚋𝚘𝚢𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚖. 𝙸 𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚊 𝚐𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚠. 𝙱𝚢𝚎

I put my phone back down before more chaos could happen. Deep breaths sunny, you can do this! Smile!

☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

Finally! Im finally done with today. I cleaned up for a bit and watered the potted plants. After all of that I took my keys and closed my shop to go home.

My phone suddenly rings and I look at it to see my mom calling me. God, why is she calling again?

𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕:

𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢: 𝚈𝚎𝚜 𝙼𝚘𝚖?

𝙼𝚘𝚖: 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢.

𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢: 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖 𝚒𝚖 𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚢-

𝙼𝚘𝚖: 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢? 𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚢? 𝙸𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚜 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝?

𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢: 𝙸- *𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚜* 𝙾𝚔𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎. 𝙸𝚖 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 6

The call ended and I went back home feeling down. After getting ready at home I took an uber to my parent's house.

I looked at the house and sighed. I lived here for 18 years. The moment I turned 18 was the moment I told them I wanted to have a different dream and that was the moment they didn't want me anymore.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. The door opened and I saw my mom looking at me smiling.

"Well Im so glad you're here Sunny" She smiled and lead me inside "their house". I went to the kitchen and saw my father looking at the newspaper. "Hello, father" I went and sat on the right side and looked at the both of them.

"How is your business going? Is it doing amazing?" Dad asked and sipped his drink while mom just kept eating. "Yes. My shop has been doing well." "Oh I actually went to my friends yesterday and Mary's daughter is getting married. She's so proud of her daughter. I mean look at her! She's a good lawyer and her fiance has a high position at IIV Company!"

"Hmmm very nice to hear. How about you sunny? Have you been doing anything exceptionally amazing?"

Great. Now they're gonna ask me about this and that. Whatever I say, they won't believe me anyways. *Sighs internally* I guess I'll just go on with it.

I hope this goes well. 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒅

☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎

I slowly opened the door and widened my eyes a bit seeing sunny furious and sad

"Why are you here? Did something happen?" Sunny just looked at me with her teary eyes and spoke. "I-uhm Can I stay with you for today? I-i just don't wanna be alone" I look at her and nod my head.

She sat down on the dark grey couch and looked at me. Something must be wrong.

"What happened?" I ask her and sat beside her.

She was silent for a moment before speaking. "I know it may sound pathetic but I went to my parents earlier and they just spoke some hurtful things to me."

Who the hell spoke to her like that?

"What?"

"Don't mind it. Im used to it anyways"

"Who's your parents?" I asked her seriously. Those people must be damned in the head if they talked to her like that.
She just looked at me and softly spoke their names.

Hmmm... I guess I'll visit them for some time then.