Chapter 27 - Healing

Carly's POV

Instead of eyes, I used my senses. Two were coming my way, one to Francis. One from behind again? I knocked him in the stomach using my elbow and smacked him to the ground, choking him while attempting to absorb back my power from him. Another guy came toward me and I dodged him, kicking him in the leg and making him fall. If I was right, they probably had strength.

"Goddamnit!" I was pinned down on the ground by the other guy. I still hadn't finished absorbing back the power from the guy earlier. I struggled against his grip, but he was far stronger than me. Instead, I drained out the power in him by absorbing back my power. I regained my energy and pushed him away as his strength became weaker.

I walked back to the guy that I was fighting earlier but he was nowhere to be found. 'Did he escape?' I tried to look for him but nothing came up. The smoke cleared up and I saw Francis. "Are you okay?" I asked him. He was dragging the guy to me and then let me absorb the power back. "Well, it seems like you're fine," I said.

"Did you see another guy?" I asked him, Francis shook his head, "Nope."

"One escaped, there were three and I only absorbed back from two of them," I said.

"Flare, did you see where he went?" I asked Flare.

Flare concentrated, trying to determine which path did he take. "There!" she said, pointing in a direction. I ran in the direction to search for him. The place looked dark and creepy. "Stay alert," I reminded Francis who was following behind me.

Something felt off. I sensed danger and so I dodged from where it came from. A knife flew across, it barely hit me. I used my power and created a whip shining with yellow light, dragging the man out from the dark and throwing him on the wall. My whip strangled him as he struggled against it. I absorbed back the power with a single touch.

"Tch," I bore the pain as his nail scratched my skin. I kicked him unconscious after I finished reabsorbing back all my powers from him. "He was strong..." I murmured. "Are you okay?" Francis asked, concerned about my injury. "I'm fine," I whimpered slightly to the pain.

"Are the others nearby?" I asked Flare. Flare shook her head, "Nope, I didn't detect anything."

We spent 5 days hunting down Gelots and managed to eliminate about 20 of them. However, it wasn't enough. The number of Gelots increased as we eliminated them. "Wasn't there a way to gather them together and take them down at once?" I asked.

"It could be possible but it will take up a lot of energy and power. Based on your current situation, it would be risky," Francis said.

"It is the only way, or else this will take forever. I gotta try," I said.

"Your safety is more important, but if you still insist, I'll have Francis help you," Flare said.

"So, when are we doing it?" I asked.

"Tomorrow. I'll get the materials prepared," Flare said and flew away.

Francis was practising his witch power in the afternoon. I sat on a chair and watched him. Every moment I spent with him, only made me love him more. "Want to get married?" I asked him. Sure, we've bonded but we didn't hold any sort of wedding ceremony. It wasn't the right time to hold a wedding ceremony, but I thought we could perhaps leave a memory behind. "Sure...?" Francis answered.

We got Flare to get us a wedding picture, just the two of us, Carly and Francis. In the photo, we were laughing and grinning from ear to ear. That night, I dreamt of having a grand wedding ceremony with Francis. As we walked along the aisle, and swore to protect each other at all cost, to the end our lives.