Chapter 4 - Training

Carly's POV

I woke up to the sunlight shining into my room. Unlike most saying that vampires could not stand under the sun, we enjoy the warmth of the sun. I got up and recalled that I was too occupied that I hadn't observed this room when I arrived.

Now that I took a look, my 'new bedroom' had walls with dark blue as the theme, a red carpet on the floor, an ocean-blue queen-size bed. Everything was themed in blue, just like the way I like it. There was a table by the walls where I could do my work. Something caught my eye. I reached out to get a closer look. It was a small bottle with little blue shiny crystals in it. It felt like something I'd seen but could not remember it.

I walked to my closet to get some clothes. There was a note in the locker inside the closet, it wrote 'Get ready for training, wear the dress. - Jacky' 'How can you train when you're in a dress?' I wondered. I changed my clothes and got ready for the training. I wonder what would the training be for the first day. Just as I swung open my door, Nick was in front of me, he asked, "Did you sleep well?" I replied, "Yea, how about you?" Nick answered, "Great. Let's get to breakfast."

We walked down to the kitchen, well of course most of them are humans, vampires only feed on blood as a survival, yet they can taste the food. Today, however, I preferred eating pancakes. Nick immediately served me my favourite pancakes. I looked at him surprisingly, and asked "How do you know I love to eat that?" Nick answered shyly "I've... been watching you eating..." "WHAT?" I almost shouted too loud. "S...sorry..." apologized Nick. That got me on my nerve, how much did he know about me? I had been very careful throughout my entire life, I hadn't noticed anyone keeping an eye on me.

'What a great way to start the day,' I thought to myself with sarcasm. I couldn't care less, my mood only worsened as my urge of wanting his blood started to arise. "Nick, you come with me," I said to Nick. He followed. I asked him after we got into a room "How much did you know about me? How long have you been 'spying' on me? And why did you do that?" Nick stared at me for a while before saying anything. Then, he replied "I know your favourite food, movie, song, activities and hobbies. What I did not know was that you are a vampire."

"Name my favourite song and the artist?" I asked.

"Your current favourite song is 'Solo' by Clean Bandit and featured by Demi Lovato," he replied.

"Seems like you do know me well...," I replied.

"I had been watching you secretly since five years ago after you save my life. You might have forgotten that but I never forget. You spare my life from those hungry wolves and I see you as my saviour. I thought getting to know you well and doing something good for you will make you happy," Nick said.

"I have a request," I said, licking my lips, and stared him in the eyes, "can I taste your blood?" I asked Nick.

Nick replied "Yes, my princess" showing his neck to me, as I sank my fangs into his skin fulfilling my blood lust. His blood tasted sweet, I had to admit. I took my sweet time savouring his blood, forgetting that I had training.

"You should go for the training. Jacky is probably waiting for you," said Nick. "Ah, you're right," I replied after I drank enough blood to replenish my energy and power.

We went to the 'Princess Training' room only to see Jacky standing there. He said "King ordered that you will be learning to walk like a princess and act like a princess. Leyla will guide you with it. I'll be in the hall if you need me." Then, he left.

There was a lady inside, "You're probably Leyla?" I asked. She replied, "I am indeed. Let's start our lesson, shall we, princess Carly?" "Just call me Carly is enough," I said. The whole day all I had been learning is how to behave like a princess. "This is just boring, can't I train to be a fighter?" I asked Leyla. "You will be trained to become a true vampire fighter in another time," replied Leyla. I shrugged.

After the training, the weather became blazing hot. I went to Jacky and asked, "What's next?" Jacky replied, "Now, you can have your meal and we will start the real training soon." 'What meal exactly I would like to feed on?' I thought. I had tasted Nick's blood, and now I feel like wanting Jacky's blood.

Jackynoticed my fangs expanded, he reminded me, "Your fangs... you need bloodto feed on." "Oh yes... I need blood, I want yours," I said, haughtilyand I moved closer to him. "No, go get it from Nick, not me," saidJacky surprisingly and walked away. "No, you're not going anywhere,"I said while using my vampire speed to get him. "You will regret it,"Jacky said. 'Yeeek, he ain't getting away' I thought as I chased afterhim. 'Goddamnit, he sure is fast,' I thought to myself. He had that vampirespeed as well, but I'm not giving up though.