Chapter 11 - The Escape

"We had to go before sunrise so we won't be trapped here," I said. "Let's go!" said Flare. "How can we get past the guard?" asked Flare. "I can get us there," said Kelvin. We sneaked out of the chamber.

On the way there, I asked Kelvin, "You made a deal with Kaitlin, didn't you?" Kelvin was confused, "What deal?" asked Kelvin. "You requested Kaitlin to let you be the king of angels while she would be the queen," I said. "How did you know?" asked Kelvin with surprise. "I overheard the conversation between Kaitlin and Jacky," I replied.

"What did they say?" asked Kelvin while his heartbeat was getting faster.

"Kaitlin was using you to get the Queen seat and she would give the King seat to Jacky, she was never interested in you," I told him.

"She USED ME??" Kelvin asked in furious.

"Geeze, calm down, yes, she used you, you should've never trust her," I said calmly.

"Guys... I think this is what we should worry about..." abrupted Flare.

We turned our heads in the direction pointed by Flare at the same time. There was mere light appearing, it was a sign that it was almost sunrise. "We need to speed up," Kelvin said. "Hold me tight, everyone!" I said before grabbing both of them, using my vampire speed to reach the gate of the Angel Land.

"Why didn't you use that early?" Kelvin asked.

I shrugged, "Now, what do we do?" I asked.

"Walk past the guards," Kelvin said, as he walked towards the guards.

"Kaitlin is looking for both of you, you better go now," Kelvin said to the guards.

"What about the gate?" asked one of the guards who was on the left.

"I will look after this until both of you come back, don't worry," said Kelvin.

"There we go..." said Kelvin as the guards made their way to the castle.

"Problem solved, now, how do we get out of here?" I asked.

Flare answered, "We ride the 'train' to the ground, and both of you follow my instruction."

"Why?" asked Kelvin.

"Or you'll die," I said jokingly.

"Not the time to joke around, Carly," Kelvin said and I rolled my eyes.

We made our way to the train without needing to fight against any creatures. It was surprising that no one noticed we were gone. The train station was always empty. Kelvin somehow got 3 tickets for us, it wasn't easy to get them, because they would check strictly to prevent prisoners to escape but Kelvin got it done anyways.

As we rode the train to the ground, I felt relief. "Goodbye, Angel Land," thought to myself. Soon, we touched the ground, this is Earth, where humans live. "So, what do we do now?" I asked Flare.

"We need to find someone to keep us safe on Earth to hide your trail so that the angels would not find you so easily," said Flare. "What about me?" asked Kelvin. "You know, you are like a demon more than an angel, who are your parents?" I asked.

While we walked into a wooden house in the forest, he replied, "My mother was an angel, she gave birth to me in Angel Land. However, my father was a demon. It all happened when angels start to track down the crystal. They wanted the crystal that can control the whole underworld, which you have right now."

"I don't know how powerful is the crystal," I said.

"You will know, soon," said Kelvin, "To track down the location of the crystal, the angels tracked down your mother for it. They believed that it was with your mother. She was smart to have given it to you and let you escape. There were wars between underworld creatures and angels. Thus, everything became a mess. Angels captured demons, vampires, and witches just to find out where the crystal went. They had captured your mother. They did not kill her, but tortured her to find out where's the crystal."