Chapter 25 - The Beginning of Chaos

Astel's POV

Carly was sent to finish her missions. Her journey wasn't something we could control or change. It was destined. King Royden took care of Queen Ellia, concerned with her well-being. After all, she had been imprisoned and tortured over the years. There were side effects, and trauma was inevitable. King Royden had trust in me despite what I put them through. Simply because I had kept Carly safe up til that point.

I predicted it would come to this. Pain and suffering were unavoidable. To protect Carly and the crystal, Queen Ellia was put through suffering. And once again, to protect the crystal, Carly was put through suffering. Jacky's interference was unexpected. The good news is, the power has subsided inside Carly and it became a seed. If she explored, she would regain her power which is stronger than the power of the blue crystal.

To protect my witches, I was taken to Angel Land to serve them. They used me to see the future visions. If it weren't for their interference, we would not have so many difficulties protecting the crystal and maintaining peace between angels and the underworld creatures.

When I knew of the war, I suggested Queen Ellia and her daughter run away from Vampire Kingdom, without informing King Royden. It was the only way to keep Carly safe. When the time was right, King Royden would be able to find Carly. I made sure of that. I left behind clues that would only appear when the time came.

Another mystery was that King Royden had siblings whom he did not know of. Since his birth, he had never met any of his siblings and he was raised with the knowledge that he was the only child. He was the youngest child. His mother passed away while giving birth to him. All his elder brothers and sisters were witches. He was the only vampire child.

His witch siblings left to develop their magic within. After his mother's death, his father took care of Royden all by himself. He never mentioned anything about witches. He treated him well but was very strict. Even though there were times he suffered because of his dad who blamed him for his mother's death. His father never told Royden about his siblings.

Royden grew up in Vampire Kingdom and he did not develop his witch's power. He didn't even know he had the power. He never knew his mother was a witch. Carly had a witch deep within herself. It was not because she had been given witch's power by Witch Queen but she had it within her. However, she must learn and grow by herself.

To ensure that Carly would know of the story behind her real past, I wrote down the story of Queen Ellia and King Royden in a book and labelled it as 'Underworld Mates' and purposely left it in the library inside the vampire castle.

Carly's POV

Francis eventually calmed me down and soothed me to sleep. I felt better after he kept reminding me that he was there with me, that I wouldn't be alone, and that I wasn't alone. The next morning I woke up, laying next to him as I spoke up, rubbing my eyes softly.

"Morning, hun."

"Good morning, dear," he replied with a soft voice, his eyes opened lightly as he looked at me, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Are we going to learn magic today?" I asked, wondering if I'm going to learn something new. I always enjoyed learning new things and it was exciting to me.

"Yea, I'll teach you all that I can," he replied as he got up, getting ready for the day.

Time flew by quickly when one was focused and busy with something. After a hundred tries, I finally managed to light up a blue flame and controlled it above my palm. It seemed that blue is the main colour for my magic. It took me some time to have full control over my magic. Francis/Vich, his witch also mentioned that it would take practice to perfect my control over my magic, as well as using stronger magic spells.