Chapter 28 - The Final War

Carly's POV

Three days had passed and we are fully prepared. Kaitlin's army was estimated to come within 5 days. We got an army from demon kingdom, vampire kingdom, wolf pack, witch kingdom, and last of all, the ghosts.

Third Person POV

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world...

"Why doesn't this work anymore?" Kaitlin yelled in frustration.

In her hand, was the blue crystal that shone dimmer than before.

She threw the blue crystal to the floor, "if you don't work, I'm going to crush you right here!"

"Your majesty, the crystal might have run out of power," one of the angels said.

"Why would that happen?" Kaitlin asked.

"It seemed that Carly had been reabsorbing back the powers," the angel replied.

"She interfered with my work? How dare she! Why didn't anyone tell me? Where are my spies!?" Kaitlin asked, her face filled with madness.

"They disappeared without a trace," the angel answered.

"Disappear? What? That's not possible! Find them immediately!" Kaitlin shouted.

"Yes, your majesty. Right away," the angel responded and left.

"How dare someone messed with my plan... Unforgivable!" Kaitlin said to herself.

"Oya? It seemed like you're in a difficult situation?" Jacky appeared in front of her.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" Kaitlin asked.

"I thought you needed my help, it seemed like I was wrong. Goodbye then," Jacky said and was about to leave.

"Wait," Kaitlin said.

"What?" Jacky asked, turning back to face her.

"Do you... want to team up?" Kaitlin asked, unsure of what Jacky would respond.

"Why should I?" Jacky asked, intrigued by her question.

'It's funny how she said 'team up'.'

"I'll... give you Carly," Kaitlin said, she didn't know what Jacky wanted.

"No need, thank you," Jacky rejected humbly.

"Wait, wait! What do you want? You name it," Kaitlin said, trying to stop him from leaving.

"Hm... what do I want? Nothing. You crushed the only thing I had," Jacky said, without emotions.

"Okay, uh, you want to see Carly? How was she doing lately? No?" Kaitlin said, trying to persuade Jacky to join her fight.

"Not really," Jacky replied, but he stopped walking away.

An angel came at this moment, whispering to Kaitlin about matters.

"Noted, you may go now," Kaitlin said after listening.

"I've got intel about Carly's life," Kaitlin said. "And?" Jacky asked.

"Apparently, she was staying with her witch mate," Kaitlin said and paused.

Jacky stared at her, waiting impatiently for her to finish. His heartbeat was racing while his anxiety and fear rose inside of him.

"And, it seemed that they had bonded," Kaitlin said, with a smirk on her face.