Chapter 20 - Wasted

Carly's POV

Finally, we reached a mountain. "Here it is," Astel said calmly. We climbed up the mountain and walked into the cave. The pathway was wide when we entered. As we walked deeper into the cave, the path became narrower and darker. "You guys forgot to bring a fire torch," said Astel.

"Well, go get one," I said. "It's too far to go back out again, I could use my magic to create flame, but you need to unlock me," Astel said. "We can't do that, she's not trustworthy," Kelvin said. "Well, there isn't much choice here, release her," I commanded.

"Fine, but if she escaped, not my fault," Kelvin said as he unlocked the chains on her hand. Astel created a purple flame in her hand with her magic. It lightened up the cave. We continued our way deeper into the cave.

On the way, we got tired so we took some rest. "It's almost there," Astel said. I sat down beside Shawn, snuggling up to him, and hugged him close, feeling his warmth bring me inner peace. After some rest, we continued the journey. Every step we took, only meant the closer I am to her, my mother. How would she react when she meets me? What would she think of me when she sees me? What would her reaction be if she knew they took my crystal away? How would I react when I first see her? All these questions would soon be answered as we saw a chamber.

Astel used her witch power and unlocked the door. "We need an angel to enter the passcode, 5520," Astel said. Kelvin walked up and entered 5520. The door was opened. The sound of a rusted metal door getting opened was heard as we pushed through the door and entered.

This place sent chills down my spine. Dark room with only weak blue light torched at the side, cold wind blew in from nowhere. A weak woman was chained to the wall, with torn clothes. We walked close to her. Her body was full of scars. She looked up and I saw a familiar face. "Mom?" I asked. She wasn't listening. Astel unchained her and healed her with her witch power.

I heard Astel say something to her but I couldn't understand. My mom shook her head and she seemed disappointed. Astel took care of her as we walked out of the chamber. She kept a distance from me. I was confused and I couldn't understand why.

On the way walking to Vampire Kingdom, I kept thinking, was that how it felt to finally meet my mother? Was that how she reacted when she finally saw her own daughter? I thought she would be happy to see me. Maybe she was just in too much pain from getting captured. I thought to myself. The whole journey remained silent, no one dared to make a sound.

Once we reached the Vampire Kingdom, Astel brought my mother to the room to rest. My father rushed to my mom when he saw her. It felt good to be back in Vampire Kingdom again. However, the fact that my mother didn't talk to me still annoyed me.

Nick came to me. "Hai!" He said. "Hey," I replied.

"How is your trip?" He asked.

"Boring," I replied, "Have you seen Lucas anywhere?" I asked as I looked around. He was nowhere to be seen. "He went for training in another country" Nick replied. "Oh..." was all I said.

I got up and walked to my own room. I felt tired so I laid on the bed for a while. Not long after, my mind drifted into a world full of imagination. I saw myself going for a vacation in nature with my family, my friends, and my mates. Then we got on a roller coaster. I felt happy in the world. I saw us enjoying breakfast. It felt real, everyone was happy.

I got awakened by the shouting. My world of imagination was all just a dream. I wished it came true but I knew it is impossible because of the situation I am in. My thoughts were once again disturbed by the shouting from outside. 'Who the fuck is shouting?' I got triggered. Calm down Ravenna. I tried a deep breath to calm down my Ravenna.