Chapter 16 - Demonic Training

Carly's POV

After a few nights of rest, I fully recovered. Harmastes came in as I woke up.

"A greater war is coming, we will train you to be a true fighter and a true queen," said Harmastes.

"Ugh, can I quit..." I uttered.

"No, you can't," he said firmly.

"Ok" I replied dryly, I guess I can't escape training after all.

Harmastes brought me back to Demon Kingdom.

"Here we will train you until you have discovered your true potential within you," he said.

"I will train you personally," he continued.

Samuel came in and said, "don't be too harsh on her."

"I'll try my best," Harmastes said.

'Ah... that sounds suspicious...' I thought.

"So... what do we start with?" I asked.

"Let's start with... all the skills you were taught. Use it on me with the wooden sword," he said.

I took the sword beside me. Let's try it out. I've been longing to learn more. I showed all the skills I've learned.

"That's all you've got?" asked Harmastes.

"Yeap, that's all I've got," I said.

"Well then, you need a lot of training and practices," he said.

"Indeed," I said exhaustedly.

"I'll start with the simplest one," he said as he showed me a new fighting skill I had never learned before. As I learned along, we fought each other but every time, I lost. He was very skilled and always won against me. I started to get tired and my energy was draining.

"We'll stop here, for now, get some rest, your training will continue tomorrow," he said as he left.

I rested for a while. Samuel came in, "I'll lead you the way, follow me." I followed him as he led me to a room, "This is your room."

"Get some rest so you could practice tomorrow," with that, he left.

'Now I'm all alone.' I thought. I can't do this... I'm not strong enough. I don't have that high skills of his to defeat the angels. I noticed a book on a shelf in my room. I took the book and read.

It was a... what?? A royal family history? I kept reading. It said King Alore was the youngest child of the royal family. He was Ellia's younger brother. He was born as an angel, it was because his mother controlled the angels. King Alore continued ruling the Angel Land and had a child, Kaitlin. 'Kaitlin was his daughter???' I thought.

I fell asleep as I continued reading...

"Wake up!!" shouting woke me up.

"Who's there?" I asked tiredly, unwilling to get up.

"Time for your training, get up!"

"Is it morning already?" I asked, still closing my eyes, and let out a yawn.

"He's going to punish you if you don't wake up!"

"Fine, I'm coming," I said with a frown as I curled up like a ball in my bed once more before I got up and got dressed for the training.

As I walked to the training room, "You're late, Carly," said Harmastes.

"Sorry."

"We don't have time to be late, this is your first time and your last time."