Chapter 3 - Castle

Carly's Point Of View

The man in front of us was about 5'10 height. He had the same blue eyes that I had. He too had short bluish-black hair that seemed just like mine but without the purple at the end of his hair. He spoke up "Hello, Carly. Welcome to your actual home, you will be staying here for now until you decided to go. Jacky will show you around the castle later." Then he came closer to me, took my hand, and said, "Let me explain what actually happened." The man looked like he was holding back from tearing up.

When I stepped into the castle, there were 2 thrones in the main hall and 2 spiral staircases (shown above) on both sides of the castle connecting to the second floor

When I stepped into the castle, there were 2 thrones in the main hall and 2 spiral staircases (shown above) on both sides of the castle connecting to the second floor. He brought me upstairs to a room. I looked in awe as I took in the environment. Jacky and Nick were downstairs per his command. That alone showed that he was the king here.

I asked him "Who are you?" He answered, "I'm the king of vampire kingdom, I'm your real father." 'How is that possible?' I asked myself. "I'm King Royden. You are my daughter, Carly. We used the blue crystals that connect to your mother to determine your location. The lightning leads to our daughter, which is you, and you have the mark that proves you are my daughter," said the King. Then, he showed me the mark (similar to below but without colour) on his back. It was the same as mine. I had it since born.

'He really is my father, he has the mark

'He really is my father, he has the mark...' I thought. "Where is my mother?" I asked. King Royden answered "She went missing for years a few days after you were born. Both of you went missing on the same day. Since then, we searched for a way to find you and her. However, it did not goas planned. Someone took you and your mother away from me for some reason. It remained a myth to this day. We found the blue crystals just a few weeks ago. It was substantiated that it has a connection to your mother. Therefore, we used it to track her down with some help from the dark witch. However, it did not track her down but you. There must be something that your mother gave to you when you were born that caused the blue crystals to connect to you."

"What was my mother's name?" I asked, curious about my past. In fact, I couldn't recall much from my childhood, maybe I was too young to understand or remember. King Royden replied, "She's Queen Ellia." "So I become Princess Carly?" I asked him and he replied, "Yes, that's true. So, you are going to learn how to act like a princess. Jacky will be guiding you. You are to follow his instructions. He will keep you safe so don't try to hide from him to escape training." He called Jacky to bring me to my room and left. Even though we just met, he sounded strict.

"This is your room, your training will start tomorrow, rest now while you can," said Jacky and disappeared in a split second. Nick came into the room. "Hey, Nick~" I waved at him, "How are you?" "I'm fine, princess- I mean Carly," he replied, scratching his head with an awkward smile. "Well, well, what do we have here~" I looked at him, "have we met before?" I asked. "A few years ago, yes," he replied. "Ah, I see. No wonder it felt familiar," I said, then continued, "how did you become my servant?"

"Uhm..." he was a little embarrassed but eventually told her that they brought him in. While chatting, I learned something. Apparently, they believe in 'destiny' or something. I lived my whole life never caring about such matters, 'fate' is just something that humans believe it exists. I also noticed that they believed in 'destiny' a little way too much maybe? Not that I should judge them for it. We talked until the night came and my sleepiness finally kicked in. "Goodnight, Nick," I murmured before I fell asleep. Nick nodded and left the room.

Jacky's Point Of View

King Rayden called me to his room. "Make sure to keep an eye on Carly, don't let her get out of your sight," ordered King Rayden. "Yes, my majesty," I reassured him.

(rewritten with added scenes)