Chapter 2 - Where Am I?

Carly's Point Of View

"When is she going to wake up?" a male voice reached my ear. "She has already been like this for 3 days, is she going to wake up?" Another voice with worried I heard. I can barely open my eyes. "She's awake" a female voice, she was wearing a nurse uniform so I assumed she was probably a nurse. Their eyes turned to me, there were two guys beside me. The voices I heard earlier probably came from them. I moved around and I could feel that I'm on a bed due to its softness. I slowly let myself sit up from lying down. It took me some effort to say the first word "Hey."

"How are you feeling?" asked the guy who sat a distance from me.

"I'm feeling okay now. Who are you all?" I looked at them with confusion. I look around the room, the guy sitting the closest to me is a human, while the guy that sat a distance from me looked serious, someone you won't want to deal with. Then, there was the nurse who came to me and check on my health conditions, asking me a few questions.

"She's fine now, so I'll take my leave." The nurse left and closed the door. That was definitely a sign to the two guys in the room. 'What are they going to do? Well, they don't seem to plan on something bad...? Even if they are going to, I could protect myself?' I was having internal thoughts.

The guy closest to me answered, "We're here to bring you to your new home," he had a gentle voice, excitement and nervousness expressed in his words.

"Care to elaborate?" I asked, waiting for either of the two guys to answer me. Curiosity got me thinking, I could tell the guy next to me was a human, but the other wasn't. 'What's their relation, and how do they relate to me?' But for now, my priority is how I came here. I tried to recognize what has happened before I came here...

"You probably remember the lightning you saw. We found you unconscious on the floor. This is our special hospital, for special vampires, like you," the guy who sat far away finally talked. He continued "Let me introduce myself, I'm Jacky, your new guard, for your safety," with an arrogant tone, as if he was forced into this situation.

"The one beside you is a human servant specifically for you. We will bring you to the castle and explain the situation in detail." explained the guy and left the room.

After Jacky left, the human servant moved closer. My vampire got the best of me, "What's your name, sweetie?" I asked him, lusting for fresh blood as I licked my own lips. "I'm Nick, your servant for the rest of your life," he answered. 'Such a sweet boy' I thought. "Interesting..." My vampire fangs grew out without notice, 'Should I just suck his blood instead?' I asked myself. "Hey..." I spoke. Nick asked, "What can I help you, Miss?" "Could you get me some blood?" I asked him. "I'll go get it for you, please wait a while," he said with a straight face, seemingly not surprised. I wondered if humans could act that normally and if he understood. Although, it did strike me as weird that I now had a servant and a guard for my safety. It didn't make sense to me but I would probably figure it out soon. Strangely enough, I couldn't recall the memories after seeing the lightning that was as blue as crystal.

Nick came back with a pack of blood group "O", and handed it to me. "Thank you, boy," I greeted him with appreciation before taking the blood pack and drinking it. "No problem, my princess" replied Nick. 'Did he slip?' I thought. He could tell I was confused. "They will explain to you in the castle," he added, wanting me not to worry much. 'Ah, he got nervous, probably said something he shouldn't have?' I thought. "Alright," I answered and continued drinking the blood to replenish my energy. I licked my lips with satisfaction. "It tastes good~" I murmured.

I tasted blood in the air. It came from... Nick? "Did you cut yourself?" I asked, my craving for his blood increased, and my fangs grew out uncontrollably. He checked his skin and found a cut on the back of his hand. "Get it clean up now!" I was slowly losing myself and got even closer to him. "Now!" I shouted at him as a warning before I lost control of myself. He instantly left the room to clean his cut.