Chapter 1 - This Is How It All Begins

All right reserved (do not copy my work)

Third Person Point Of View

Carly, a 16 years old girl who lived in Ireland. She had a pair of crystal blue eyes, bluish-black hair with a little purple at the end of her hair, 5'4 tall with a beautiful curvy perfect body that almost seemed perfect for a girl. Little did anyone know, she was more than just a normal girl.

Carly was going to a nightclub at night where Shawn was also there. It was the first time where they met. Carly was wearing a sophisticated and stylish black tight metallic party dress that is sleeveless, with a deep V-neck dress plunges to a fitted waist, showing off her slim and curvy waist that she was born with, nonetheless with a pair of black tights and dark blue high heels. The moment Carly stepped into the nightclub, her gorgeous look immediately attracted the men. They looked at her in amusement, planning to approach her afterward. As usual, she walked to the bar counter for drinks. Everyone could tell from the way she walked, every step she took, obviously displayed her confidence. Their eyes were tricked into thinking that she must be sweet and nice. But who knows this 'sweet' girl had a dark side that no one here knew except herself.

Whereas Shawn, sitting far away from the girl in the nightclub. His light greenish-blue eyes were inviting, raising Carly's interest. She turned her face sideways and laid her eyes on him, observing his look. He had dark brown hair with a kind face, he was wearing a casual white shirt, a brown jacket, jeans, and leather black formal shoes. 'He looks hot,' Carly thought to herself.

Carly's Point Of View

I ordered a cold lemonade to savour. The acidity of lemon is felt in my mouth while the ice cooled me down from this hot party in the nightclub. My attention is once again turned to the guy with his pair of light greenish-blue eyes. He sat in the dark corner of the bar, seemingly not drunk. I could easily sense their emotions and heartbeat since I'm a vampire. As I put down my drink, he turned in my direction, his eyes changed into blue as if he spotted something special. I soon made my way to him.

"Hey," I greeted him with a smile. He replied with his eyes turning back to the normal colour. I could hear his heartbeat increasing and a little nervous. I wondered if he himself realized that. "I'm Carly, nice to meet you," I break the ice, not wanting to make it awkward. He immediately answered, "I am Shawn. It's a pleasure to meet you." The way he looked at me, told me that he was interested in me.

"So, what brings you here, Shawn?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

He hesitated a little before replying, "My instinct tells me to come here."

"Huh..." I said, "That surely is strange. But maybe it's fate."

"Perhaps," he said, looking away from my gaze before looking back at me. Then, he asked me, "Do you often come here?"

I replied, "Yea, why?"

"Ah, I'm just wondering."

He stayed silent for a while before he started a conversation.

"It might have been early to ask you this, but do you mind hanging out with me?" He asked.

I wasn't that surprised to hear it, but it felt different when he asked. I replied, "Sure, why not?"

Hearing his heartbeat increased, I was sure that he was excited about it, perhaps thrilled at the thought of it.

He answered "Great!" with an energetic voice and continued, "Shall we take this chance to know about each other?"

For some reason, I felt a familiar feeling when he asked this as if I'd known him for a very long time but I couldn't recall anything.

"That would be great!" I agreed.

He asked excitedly, "so, what is your hobby?"

I replied "I love eating" while I naughtily stole a piece of pizza from his table and put it into my mouth. "Mmm... yummy!" He looked at me in shock and said "Hey! No girl has ever taken pizza from me..." putting up an angry face but he wasn't angry. We then laughed it off.

After eating the pizza, I told him, "I love reading, writing stories, going camping, jungle trekking, hanging out with friends, and more. What about you?" Shawn said, "I like outdoor activities, and hanging out with friends."

"Ah I see, we're not so different after all!" Then I continued, "I'm 16. What about you?" He replied, "I'm 18." "Oh, that's nice to know!" I replied. We continued chatting as he shared his fun times of hanging out with his friends, while I told him about some interesting things that happened in my life.

"Would you like to go for a dance with me?" asked Shawn while he stood up. "Sure, let's go!" I replied, as he held my hand and passed through the crowded nightclub. We walked to the dance floor and danced to the beat. He placed his right hand on my shoulder and left on my waist, holding onto each other, making every graceful dance move. As the music got louder and hotter, we danced like there was no tomorrow. Looking into each other's eyes while enjoying the moment. "...Cross my heart, hope to die, to my lover I'd never lie, he said be true, I swear I'll try, in the end, it's him and I, him and I..." The song was played through the speaker. I could feel his every breath at this close distance with him. He gave me a strange feeling, that I couldn't describe, but it felt warm and comforting.

Soon, late night approached and my hunger started to haunt me. 'He smells good... Mmm...' my thought said to me. Before my lust got the best of me, I excused myself. "Hey, it's time for me to go home," and ran out of the nightclub. The next moment, I was out of his eyesight.

As soon as I left the nightclub, my urge for refreshing young blood came. Just as I found the perfect guy to satisfy my hunger, the sky started to rain, and sudden thunder struck down with a loud sound. The thunder seemed abnormal. It was a thick light blue lightning, striking down to the ground in front of me, which scared me as if it was about to hit me. Then, smoke came out after the lightning. I got closer to have a look only to see a blue shiny material... Suddenly, I felt I was sucked into it and I lost consciousness.