Look away!

A very vibrant violet light was emitted from the centre of the room. Whatever was there, (Y/n) couldn't bring themself to look at. It was physically painful to stare into the centre of the room. Their vision stayed strayed away, as they scavenged the drawers on the left side of the room.

There was nothing but four windows, equally distributed on the rectangular shape of the room. Beaten, faded drapes hung down the sides of each, inviting the flashes of white in. (Y/n) saw the shadows of the windows landing on the floor before their feet, onto the naked floorboards below.

Even so, the centre of the room was still optically off bounds. They had to feel sides of the room to get to the door, like how a blind person would.

When they got to the door, they turned back in a haste to take a quick picture of whatever it was that was there. If they couldn't see it with their eye normally, what about a camera lense? Going into Door 007 could wait for a moment.

Ok their phone was an image of a..being. An entity, possibly. It sat in the middle of the blue aura it gave off, staring into the camera lense with all 37 eyes. Each iris was so equally different to the last, and (Y/n) heard the strange noise it made echoing in their ears. It's pupils were a dark purple, and shine in the lightning. A weird feeling came over (Y/n); what if these creatures didn't actually want to hurt them? What if they were just afraid? Perhaps they thought (Y/n) would hurt them?

Well, they wouldn't hurt anyone unless they tried to attack first.

The next room they were met with had a basement branching off of it, as well as a wall needing a lever or button to open. It was a nifty contraption, a bit rusty looking, but functional enough to prove a challenge.

Down the basement was barrels upon barrels of who-knows-what, stacked in rows of five, then four, then three, then two, touching the ceiling. They were too heavy to be pushed, so (Y/n) had to walk around them to find the lever. Admittedly, it took quite a pull to make it come clacking down, but the obstacle had been overcome.

The barrier, which was made of overlapping skinny strips of oak, was open and they were free to enter Door 008.

The room was simplistic, nothing more than a rectangular space, confined by the wooden walls that held it together. Familiar floorboards ran underfoot, and a cyan wallpaper with diamonds across it filled the otherwise empty walls. No windows, no chandeliers, just a wooden walkway.

It wasn't dark enough for the dark room lingering entity, but bone chilling nonetheless. (Y/n) was so small in comparison to the shade.

Their eyelids fell as they squinted their eyes to see. There was the door on the opposite side of the room, and it didn't need a key.

Hurrying along, (Y/n) picked up their pace in search of something else exciting.