Resting

"You want to come with us?" (Y/n) gasped, wide eyed at how quickly it changed its mind. 

Figure motioned forwards," Do you want to escape or not?" 

"I-I..." (Y/n) trembled feebly. Their voice remained in a condescending tone," Yes, I do." 

The entity lowered its head, as if it were looking directly at them, frightening the human," We'd best be moving then, at night-time the entities get desperate." 

"Desperate?" (Y/n) croaked. 

Seek, who'd remained silent for most of their excursion, spoke up," The others get quite rambunctious at night, seeking any food they can find. And intruders, of course." 

"So, you're saying there's other entities in this hotel? Haven't I met everyone?" (Y/n) squeaked, continuing to walk besides the entities. 

Figure and Seek stopped, exchanging glances momentarily. Seek then moved their focus to (Y/n), giving a confused expression," You do know how many entities there are in the hotel, right?"

"No?" (Y/n) threw a clouded expression back in response.

"In total there's thirteen of us." Figure muttered, stopping dead.

"Thirteen?" The human squealed in shock. 

"Ten that we know of, and three which there are alleged sightings of." Seek corrected," The ten being me, Figure, Rush, Screech, Ambush, Timothy, Jack, Hide, Eyes and Halt."

'Eyes? What a creative name. Next, they'll tell me it's the bundle of eyes I saw earlier. '

(Y/n) shot an annoyed glance at the two of them, forgetting Figure couldn't see it, and had no way of interpreting it," So, how do I deal with each one?"

Smirking, Figure was mildly amused," I doubt Halt will be any worries, the pacifist. Timothy may bite, because he's a spider, but he's not poisonous. As long as you leave the drawers alone, you'll be good."

(Y/n) filled them in, "I've encountered Screech already; all it did was scream in my face when I stared at it. It was in a dark room. And Rush, I hid in a wardrobe." 

"Ambush is the same as Rush, except it rebounds, so you got to hop in and out of the wardrobe." Seek informed," Jack likes to hang inside wardrobes, Hide kicks people out of wardrobes (except for Jack, because they're friends), and don't look at Eyes."

They gave Seek a perplexed glare," How am I supposed to know if Eyes is in the room or not then? If I can't look at it, how am I supposed to tell?" 

"I'll tell you when you encounter it, since I don't have the eyes to see with." Figure huffed; a bit angered by it. 

Stealing a final sight of door 50, Seek closed door 51, stepping through the doorframe of door 52. (Y/n) heard an ominous whispering noise coming from door 53, and noticed a violet light emitted from the door crack. 

"Do you guys hear that?" (Y/n) piped up, pointing to the carpet," There's a purple light under the door, and weird whispering."

Seek shrieked when it noticed the light, making (Y/n) wonder why," Eyes wouldn't affect you, would it?" 

"Eyes hurts anyone who looks at it, human or not. There's no off switch to it." Seek stated, like it was obvious.

The room had four smaller bedrooms in it, and three other doors. The one straight ahead was illuminated by the violet hues which emerged from beneath, and the other two were boarded off.

Each bedroom was completely furnished, holding a grandfather clock, a sofa, a wardrobe, a bed, a slim bookshelf, a set of drawers and a chair or two.

Struggling to stay awake, (Y/n)'s eyelids faltered. What even was the time? Was there any point of asking? Did they even sleep?

"I'd assume you'd want rest at this point, right?" Seek mused, asking (Y/n).

All (Y/n) could muster was a tired mumble, nothing understandable.

Yawning, (Y/n) said,"I'm just so exhausted; I've been walking in circles for days."

"It's about ten pm." Seek told them," Really, it is late."

The human groaned, feeling their knees give in. Luckily, their acquaintances helped them keep upright, hoisting them towards the closest room and laying them down gently on a bed. Figure took a seat on the chair to the right of the bed, while Seek sat on the side of it.

"I'd turn the lights out, but there's a chance Screech would come." Seek sighed, rubbing its own eye.

Figure rested it's elbows on its knees,"We can, because Screech won't mess with us, the little pipsqueak."

"Alright, but what about Eyes?" Seek pondered aloud,"If they aren't gone in the morning, we'll be damned to stay here."

Figure gave a noise halfway between a scoff and a chuckle, either way humoured,"Eyes doesn't do anything to me; I'm blind, remember?"

"Oh, forgot, sorry." It apologised, getting up to turn the lights off.

Figure faced the door Seek exited out of, before turning towards (Y/n), who softly breathed as they slept.

"I don't know how Seek found you, but I'm kinda glad it did." Figure mumbled out loud to nobody in particular.

(Y/n) rolled over in their sleep, slumbering deeply since they were easily lulled.

Though Figure couldn't see, it knew Seek had crept back into the room.

"Figure, is it okay if I sleep too?" Seek asked, resting itself on the sofa.

"Sure, sure, I don't see why not. I'll keep watch for any of the entities." Figure wavered it's hand, not that Seek could see it in the dark.

Seek smiled with its eye, before lowering it's head onto its arms and falling asleep as well.

Figure titled it's head back and sighed quietly, as to not disturb the others,"What am I even doing? I'm not supposed to befriend Seek's pet, what will the others think?"

(Y/n) quietly hummed in satisfaction, having a pleasant dream. Pulling the blankets up further, they snuggled in even more, getting really comfortable in the bed.

It didn't bring Figure any joy or any misery, but instead a feeling of rightfulness. It was as if someone was rewarding it.

Leaning back in the chair, Figure sighed,"This is going to be a long night."