Hiding

The adventure resumed after their run in with Rush.

They had pricked at his curiosity, and now he couldn't stop thinking: what did lay beyond the hotel?

Not so long had passed until Figure heard a sound. ushering (Y/n) under the bed, Seek decided to hide besides them. An unnaturally dark shadow lingered under the bed and, as they laid themself onto their stomach, their shoulders were gripped. They could tell it wasn't Seek, as the texture was smoother, almost like human hands.

"Get out." A breathy voice whispered.

(Y/n) saw a flash of toxic green from the hall.

"Get out."

It sped on past again, flashing through the halls.

(Y/n)'s breathing accelerated, and the hands gripped them tighter. The feeling of helplessness scared (Y/n), and their body shook uncontrollably.

Kicking Hide out, Seek protected (Y/n).

Hide was shadowy black and (Y/n) saw how it reacted when it reached the light; it scrambled back under the bed, as though the light in the room was made of  acid. Seek knocked it back out from the underneath. Instead of returning under the bed, it squirmed into the wardrobe and hid there.

Seek crawled back under the bed once it'd finished off Hide.

Laying down under the bed, Seek pressed itself up against (Y/n), calming them. It slung it's arm over their shoulder comfortingly, affectionately brushing it's hand over it.

Figure was speaking to something outside of the room; a creature with a ghastly, whispery voice.

(Y/n) looked up towards the closet, wondering what was going on with the creature inside. Turning to Seek, they questioned," Who's the hiding one?"

"Hide." Seek responded in a monotone,"It's name is Hide. It exists purely to hide; it pushes 'players' out of their hiding spots. It's allergic to the light and can't bare more than a second out of hiding."

Surprised, (Y/n) peered towards the wardrobe,"Is that the punishment from the other entity? The one who controls the place?"

"Yes, it's punished for not following the rules of the 'game'. It didn't kill people before, so the entity made its existence overwhelmingly agonizing, forcing it to at least make these 'players' face a challenge." Seek's upper eyelid curved, giving a look of sorrow.

It really does feel human emotion, yet it ended up in a place like this; a place devoid of any happiness, compassion, empathy, regret.

"At some point, I'm sure you did as well." (Y/n) absentmindedly muttered, not meaning what it was they said.

Seek's expression only grew sadder,"I don't kill for the feeling of it, I kill because I was given no choice. I would give anything for a do over."

Guilt gripped (Y/n) almost as hard as Hide's grasp had,"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it in a way like you think."

Scrambling out of hiding, Seek clutched (Y/n)'s wrist and dragged them out. Their brain overheated and they stopped thinking. The floorboards rubbed against their skin, and a spiked piece of wood cut their leg. It was a deep wound, further than simply skin; the board had penetrated the skin and cut the muscle.

Blood spilled over the floorboards, staining them a dark red. (Y/n) gasped and blubbered, the tears bubbling in their eyes.

(Y/n) bit back mumbles of pain, as Seek could only wonder what it was they were doing.

"It hurts.." (Y/n) sobbed, digging their fingernails into the side of their face to distract themself from the pain of their wound.

Seek crawled down next to (Y/n), petting their shoulder," I don't understand what 'pain' is, but I'll help how I can."

"I can't feel my leg.." (Y/n) squeaked, eyes filled to the brim with tears.

A worried expression coated Seek's face, and it picked them up. (Y/n) hugged at it's neck, rubbing their head against it's shoulder.

"It hurts so, so badly.." the human whined, tears flowing.

The conversation outside halted to an end, and Figure felt its way inside the room, sensing distress,"What's the matter?"

(Y/n)'s grip on Seek tightened as another wave of pain washed over them, and they bit back the urge to scream.

"They're in pain. They pierced their body with a piece of wood on accident." Seek explained, petting (Y/n)'s head.

Figure, being made of flesh and blood, understood what Seek meant by pain,"Alright, we need to take them to the medical room."

"Medical room?" (Y/n) weakly murmured.

"It's gonna be okay, (Y/n). We'll get rid of the pain soon." Seek promised, not knowing what pain was, but knowing they didn't like it.

Ambush looked at them strangely,"This is the human you're protecting?"

Figure wasn't in the mood to hold patience but didn't want to be haunted by Ambush for the rest of their journey,"Yes, their name is (Y/n) and they need medical attention."

"Lay them on the bed, I'll get the stuff." Ambush ordered, zooming past into another room, to return seconds later,"I brought a med kit, so you should have everything you need to deal with this."

It waited outside the room momentarily before it zoomed through the hotel at incredible speeds.

(Y/n) flopped down onto the bed they were just hiding under, left to lay on their back.

Seek looked at a small box of pain killers, reading the name out loud, as well as the instructions,"Par..Para..?..Paracetamol? Take one every six hours with water."

"Okay, will that get rid of the pain or heal the damage?" Figure inquired, standing at (Y/n)'s bedside.

"It'll be a temporary protection from it, but I don't know if (Y/n) will be able to walk." It mumbled towards the end, feeling guilty.

Picking up some bandages, Figure rubbed it's fingers over the texture to feel what it was,"Don't we wrap it up in this?"

Taking the bandages from Figure, Seek began to wrap it around their leg,"Is that better?"

Weakly, (Y/n) lifted up their head from the pillows, nodded, and rested it.

"If you want, we can stop for today. Tomorrow, we'll escape this place." Seek told (Y/n), taking a seat on the pink chair opposite the bed,"It's night anyway."

"How's that possible? Surely it's been an hour or two tops?" Figure scoffed, feeling Seek was lying.

"No, it's nine pm," Seek read aloud, staring at the grandfather clock,"and that's night."

Figure for up and felt its way to the light switch, stumbling. On its way back to the sofa, it fell over and landed on Seek, accidentally.

Seek wasn't mad, instead it helped Figure back to the sofa before going back to its chair.

"Goodnight Figure, goodnight (Y/n)."