The dark and the demons lie within it

Sparkling eyes opened to the sight of an unfamiliar room, in an all-too-familiar set of arms.

Affectionately, they returned the embrace and yawned, going back to sleep.

Tossing and turning, (Y/n) found themself unable to go back to sleep. Hours passed, yet something pulled them from their restful slumber. It wasn't the distrust they held, but rather what distrust the others held for them.

What if they kill me because they think I'm faking it? What if they think I'm using them to get out of here?

Getting out of bed, (Y/n) tucked Seek in comfortably, and it gave a contented sigh in its sleep.

(Y/n) didn't want to disappoint them, especially since the entities were led on for the longest time by their former boss, believing he would return, to find out he'd been assassinated. Wary of the pain the loss brought, (Y/n) made sure to tread lightly in the footsteps left for them to follow.

Holding their shallow breaths in, the human delicately pushed themself up, the agony of their injury spontaneously leaving, as if it were an overnight sort of recovery.

How many days have I been here, anyway?

Counting the hours on their fingers, they found they'd been in the hotel long enough to see the dawn of a third day. Admittedly, the first day was shorter than the rest, but it was undoubtedly three, as (Y/n) fought the urge to sleep on the first night.

Spying a wardrobe, (Y/n) noticed how their clothes weren't the freshest. If there were any clothes, could they claim those? Fitting ones, of course; they didn't see a need to haul about a bin bag's worth of clothes, especially ones which didn't fit.

Skimming through the wide selection of clothes, they noticed how most of them were quite their style. Admittedly, there were a couple too big here and there and a couple too small, but most were their size.

Grabbing an outfit from the wardrobe, (Y/n) concluded their search.  Slipping off their clothes, they changed into their findings; the outfit was so comfortable and, oddly enough, fit perfectly. They thought it couldn't get any better until they noticed the pockets below their waist, hyping them up all the more.

"(Y/n), what are you doing?" A voice piped up.

(Y/n)'s face lit up,"You weren't just watching me, were you?"

There was a silence as (Y/n) stared Seek down, who had woken several seconds prior. The cyclops shook it's head,"I want to know what you're doing near the wardrobe."

"..I changed clothes, can't you tell..?" (Y/n) awkwardly gestured down to their clothes on the floor.

The situation was salvaged and significantly less awkward. Rising out of bed, Seek rubbed the wrinkles out of its hoodie as it woke itself up.

To see (Y/n) on their own two feet, pacing patiently, brought Seek relief; it didn't entirely grasp the concept of pain, given it had no nerves, skin or blood, but the limited knowledge it had from the library books was enough to concern it.

"Is the leg any better?"

With twinkling eyes, (Y/n) gazed at Seek and nodded, a smile stretched across their cheeks,"Much better, thanks."

(Y/n) noticed they needed to find the other two entities before they could continue, and found them ready and waiting nextdoor.

Figure and Rush were more than grateful to be out of the stuffy room they'd been packed into; the taller of them both could barely stand up without the ceiling shoving it down. The hallway was a bit better, and it stood tall above the rest.

Grabbing the key from a bedstand, Seek opened the next door to reveal a dark room,"Oh great."

Shrinking back, (Y/n) shook their head,"There's Screech in there..I really don't want to go in there."

"Come on, what's a Screech going to do?" Rush mocked, apologising after remembering (Y/n) was helping them escape,"..Sorry.."

"Rush, you don't have a body to bite, so you don't know the difficulty." Seek reasoned.

Pulling out their phone, (Y/n) flashed the torch into the room; there was no sign of Screech in there and (Y/n) walked in.

The trio of entities followed behind, those with limbs a bit more timid than the one without.

Seek saw similarities in the hallway they were walking down to its own, and began feeling a tad homesick. Each large window brought in an eery purple haze into the room, making it creepier.

Without anyone to speak, a silence filled the air. Until it was interrupted.

"Psst"

Everyone froze.

(Y/n) looked around hastily to find nothing. Nothing.

Seek, rather puzzled, also searched for the Screech, but naught was to be found. Rush didn't feel intimidated in the slightest, and laughed it off as paranoia.

"I'd like to see how'd you'd react to being bitten!" Seek spat, a bit flamed by the immunity Rush had to Screech bites.

Giving up, (Y/n) stopped their search and continued, feeling a slight pain in their leg. There was no blood, just a pulled muscle or an ache.

Reaching door 75, they opened it and took a moment to bathe in the lights. No demon was coming to bite them, so there was no worries.

"Psst"

A bead of sweat ran down (Y/n)'s forehead, and they anxiously scavenged the area for any Screeches. Yet, none were to be seen.

Seek and Rush observed the scene, not a Screech coming into sight. Maybe they were hearing things.

Putting their phone into their pocket, they heard it collide with something else. Taking it back out, they discovered something else in that pocket.

A Screech.

A Screech was inside their pocket.

Weirdly enough, it was passive. It didn't seem to want to bite them, and it hadn't already bitten them. No, it simply looked up at (Y/n) with brightly shining eyes and a dorky smile. It's white eyes were like little moons, emitting a white light, almost as bright as it's impeccable teeth.

"Uh, guys.." (Y/n) alerted,"..I've got one in my pocket."