One down, one to go

They're going to kill you, Figure.

"No, get away!" Figure squirmed as the male officer rested his boot on its spine, pressing half of his weight on it.

He snickered at it,"You're gonna have to come with us and be studied. That's the least you can do for killing all your victims."

He's talking about the little girl, the one you killed without further thought.

"No, please. Get it to stop, get it to shut up! Get out of my head!" Figure flailed about, covering it's ears.

They want to kill you. Kill them.

The pressure on Figure's back made it ache, a painful sensation which it was unfamiliar with: pain.

Lifting his boot, he waited for the entity to breathe a sigh of relief before slamming it back down with extra force.

The female officer called out to the male officer, only to be shoved savagely to the floor as well. During her fall, she hit a bookshelf, causing it to fall too. A sickening crunch could be heard as the bookshelf landed on her; her entire lower body had been flattened, and blood snaked out from beneath it.

Figure heard it,"What did you just do?"

The male officer went cold, and Figure slid from underneath his boot. Crawling along the floor to the source of the noise, it felt her motionless corpse from underneath the bookshelf. Her head and upper body was still intact, but from the waist down she was pancaked.

To avoid guilt, the officer blamed Figure,"Why would you do such a thing?"

"No, why did you kill her?" The entity cried aloud,"I know I'm blind, but I didn't lay a finger on her. You killed your own colleague."

"Well, you probably have killed more humans than me. And, it was an accident." He spat back,"You're a brute, you kill people for fun and I'm going to stop that."

Figure sensed a hostile change in the officer, and knew something was going to happen. Its leg was weak, and it couldn't stand,"What are you going to do to me?"

Holding Figure in a headlock, the officer cackled,"I'm going to make you feel what all those people have been through. So tell me, how many people have you killed? Don't lie to me."

Heavy hearted, it came clean,"I've killed one person; she was a little girl and she was all alone. I knew she wasn't afraid of me, and she had some level of respect for this library. And, I killed her; there's still a bloodstain on the rug by the desk because I can't forgive myself for it."

"You sick bastard!" He yelled tightening the headlock so Figure choked,"You killed (Y/n), didn't you?"

No words were coughed up as Figure's airways closed. It tried to beg and plead to be freed but the officer didn't listen. In a last effort to survive, it clawed behind itself, digging a claw into his chest. Fortunately, it wasn't fatal, but enough to stun him.

Pulling itself up, Figure felt its way to the door and hurried to try and find the others.

Meanwhile, the officer scrambled to the desk in search of something to fix his wounded chest. Blood seeped through his underlayers and onto his hand, some dripping onto his now ripped shirt.

"Fuck." He uttered, a surge of pain running through his flesh.

(Y/n) sat by the drawers, watching Timothy spinning a web. The arachnid had previously attacked them but, upon seeing other entities have faith in them, decided to trust them.

The room they were in wasn't very big; it lead to a single bedroom with a desk, a lamp, a small bookshelf or two and a rug. In the main room there was a chest of three drawers and three paintings.

Rush was at the right height to snoop in the drawers and found an envelope, covering it was a red stamp.

"It's an invitation to Smash Bros." (Y/n) jested, lightening the mood slightly.

Rush's visage changed,"I don't get it."

(Y/n) knew it wouldn't understand and explained it,"It's a popular fighting game, where characters from different games are put against one another. It's a fun game, but the fans get upset when they don't get the character they want."

"Sounds fun. I'd play it if I had hands." Rush joked, a grin forming on his face.

Growing concerned for Seek, (Y/n) got up and searched for it, finding it under the bed with Hide.

"Seek, do you know where Figure is?" They uttered, squatting down and looking under the bed.

Hurriedly, Seek scrambled out of its hiding space,"No, but should we be concerned? I mean, if you value Figure's life, it shows how attached you get to the people you meet. Good for you, I guess."

Giving Seek a hard glare, (Y/n) emphasised the urgency of the situation,"The cops might try to kill Figure and, you might know from past experience, death is a permanent thing? I don't think Figure did do it, as this Glitch person may be filling Figure's head with fake memories."

"Well, we're locked in the room. So, unless Figure pounds on the door, covered in blood and practically begging to be let in, this door will not be opening." Seek ordered, crossing its arms,"I'm not risking it if these people are as dangerous as you say they are."

"But why?" (Y/n) cried.

Resting its hands on their shoulders, Seek said,"Because you're the only person who's tried with this hotel, the only person who sees more than merciless monsters who are made to kill. You gave us a chance, and I don't want to have it wasted."

Pulling them into an embrace, it pet their head protectively.

A loud thud came from behind the door, like heavy footsteps. Then, a pounding sounded and the whole door shook.

"Please! Let me past! He's after me!"

Without a further thought, (Y/n) took the key and opened it, to reveal Figure. A large violet bruise was across its chest, and its leg was injured.

Gasping in shock, (Y/n) helped it inside and took it to the bedroom to aid it.