Cold

Figure awoke moments later to find itself met with the same darkness that came with blindness. Nothing but a pitch black filled their vision, until Seek turned the light on. Then, a bright herd of colours.

This has to be a dream.

Figure saw Seek and (Y/n) for the very first time. It was jaw dropping, as they were exactly how it'd anticipated them to look.

"I can see you both, really." Figure assured, staring down at its own limber body,"And myself."

(Y/n), who was no longer injured, embraced them,"That's great Figure! You can finally see!"

It was too astonished for words and only mustered up a light chuckle,"I can't believe it.'

Then, it's attention was drawn down to (Y/n), the short frame below.

As I thought, a dream. There's no way their recovery was that fast.

"(Y/n), let's carry on going into the next room. We're not that far from the exit now." It suggested, ruffling their hair.

"About that, actually." (Y/n)'s cheery voice butted in,"You can't leave."

(Y/n)'s form slowly transitioned into the entity's, consisting of violet and black,"Do you think you can stop playing on your terms, or on mine?"

"Leave us alone, Glitch." Figure snarled at the entity.

Faceless, Glitch cackled,"This whole hotel is ruled under my terms, and you have no permission to leave this place."

Figure was getting violently agitated,"I don't care, Glitch, who are you to control us?"

"I don't control you, Figure, I simply keep this place in check." It retorted, humoured by Figure's rage,"And if you want to leave, you're welcome to try."

Glitched, it stopped talking. It disappeared into a violet mist and left them in the dark again. All colour vanished from their vision, and they were abandoned in the dark.

Figure awoke, hearing someone speaking.

Surprisingly, the source of the noise was Seek, who was shuddering in its sleep from the cold. Unlike (Y/n), it didn't have luxurious blankets and quilts.

A light illuminated from Figure's throat, as it felt its way over to Seek, who was shivering,"Is there something wrong?"

"No, I'm just a bit cold if anything." It shook as it spoke, which Figure sensed.

Feeling its way over to the wardrobe, it grabbed a hoodie that was in there and felt its way back over to Seek,"Will this do?"

Taking the article of clothing from Figure, Seek put it on and no longer felt cold,"Thanks Figure."

"No problem." Figure grinned.

Seek snuggled back down, now warmed by the item of clothing it was wearing,"Night Figure."

"Night Seek."

A searing pain woke (Y/n). Their wound felt like an ignited flame.

Leaning over the bed, they scavenged through the med kit and found the paracetamol and took a pill.

(Y/n) expected the pain to fizzle out imminently, but it was a gradual effect.

Their leg ached like hell, and they couldn't find the energy to stand up. As much as they wanted to, they knew they couldn't.

Their hazy gaze picked up a stranger on the chair opposite, one wearing a grey hoodie. Wide-eyed, (Y/n) desperately clawed at the sheets and pillows behind them, making an effort to distance themself from the unknown.

Arising from a well-deserved slumber, Seek rubbed the rest from its eye, readying itself for the day. Clothing wasn't a common thing for the entity, but it was too comfortable to take it off. Stretching its arms upwards, it was finally prepared for the day ahead.

"(Y/n), are you ready to return to your home?" It asked, feeling something unfamiliar, similar to a serotonin boost.

(Y/n)'s wide eyes relaxed when their identity was revealed. Seek expected an appreciative smile or a confident confirming nod from them, but none came.

The compromise was an uncertainty, accompanied by broken eye contact and a brow furrowed with worry, complete with a mumble of,"..yeah.."

(Y/n)'s anxiousness rubbed off on Seek, as the entity began second guessing itself.

Figure was silent the entirety of the conversation. Whether asleep or dead, neither of them were sure.

"Seek, are you sure we can get out?" (Y/n) questioned, giving the entity eye contact.

There was something about the pitiable look in (Y/n)'s eye that allowed it to say yes.

"You'll be back with your family in no time, (Y/n). It'll be like you never even left." It reassured.

"No, that's not what I asked."

The tone of voice ridded Seek of the confidence from before; the sort of tone made it spineless.

"Can we get out? I'm not leaving you behind. Both of you.  I can't after everything we've been through togeher." (Y/n) questioned again, eyes fixed with a look of determination.

Taken by surprise, the entity felt a sudden warmth in its chest, a soft, buzzy feeling.

But we can't leave: the entity will drag us back in before we can even try escaping.

It bit back it's words and stayed silent, nodding in a discrete way.

Startled, Figure swung to its feet, viciously growling at something.

Seek got up and tapped Figure on the shoulder,"Morning."

"Am I awake?"

"Don't be silly, of course you are." Seek snickered, playfully punching it in the arm.

"Oh, good." Figure muttered under its breath, getting a release from it,"Let's carry on, I'd hate to see (Y/n) sad."