Last chance to look at me

Their eyes opened to a lighter room. Their eyes took a moment to adjust, and they noticed they were huddled next to Seek, their head resting on its chest. Their arms wrapped about it's torso, and their breaths tickled at its front.

Seek looked to be resting peacefully, and still weirdly humanly. Figure woke up a moment after, but couldn't see them so close to each other.

(Y/n) viewed Seek as a friend, and now they knew they were capable of placing trust into it. Regarding Figure, they remained on the fence.

The eery whispering noises hadn't left. In fact, they grew louder.

Seek woke up, raising its arms and stretching. It seemed to have forgotten where it was for a moment, and it glanced about, startled. It's vision landed on (Y/n), who tired smiled at it.

"No more nightmares?" Seek asked them.

"No more nightmares." (Y/n) confirmed, rubbing the side of their head against its chest.

Seek out an arm over their shoulders,"What happened in your nightmare then?"

(Y/n) was stumped; they couldn't comprehend it themself, so how were they able to explain it.

"Uh, it started with me waking up, and seeing you...sorta eyeless? Figure had ripped out your eye, and it had a cracked rib and blood on it. Then, the room changed to your hall, and I held your eye in my hand, then it changed again to the library, and Figure was protecting me from something, and there wasn't any blood on it. Something..stabbed it...and it showed me the hotel on the news, except it was on fire." (Y/n) ranted, faltering a bit when mentioning Figure being stabbed.

They left out Screech's demise, because they didn't seem attached to Screech at all.

"Do you know what this thing was?" Seek questioned, loosening their grip on (Y/n).

"It looked like you, but no eyes and some purple." (Y/n) explained.

Seek lowered it's head and sighed,"This isn't the first time."

"W-What do you mean?" (Y/n) said in a small voice.

Seek raised its head, making no eye contact,"A lot of entities in this hotel have made reports of this... entity. Whenever we 'misbehave' it incepts our dreams and blackmails us."

"Misbehave how?" (Y/n) was confused,"It's an abandoned hotel, so it's not like there's any rules."

Leaning in close, Seek whispered in an ominous tone,"It's what makes the others violent; it wants us to kill humans. It keeps things inside the hotel, as if this were all a game."

(Y/n) embraced Seek, putting their head on its shoulder,"But, what about you and Figure?"

"It's been haunting us as well, because it only wants us to kill. It treats this hotel like a map, and treats the humans who enter as players to this game. And, I'm sick of that. I'm sick of being controlled." An infuriated Seek clenched a fist.

"Should we let Figure sleep?" (Y/n) changed the topic.

"We'd best get moving, and we need Figure to do so."

(Y/n) got out of bed and prodded Figure on the shoulder. It let out a lowly growl and muttered,"Which of you is it?"

"It's (Y/n). Seek thinks we should get going." They informed, retracting their finger the second there was movement.

Figure leaned forwards in the chair and got up, towering over (Y/n). It was always a lovely reminder that Figure could kill them in one fell swoop.

"Eyes still hasn't left, maybe they're guarding the door?" Seek proposed, calling from the next door.

"Is it..sentient? Can it talk?" (Y/n) pestered the two with questions as they and figure treaded over.

Figure snickered,"Eyes is a they, as they're more than one person."

"Are they also a human hunting maniac?" (Y/n) muttered, pressing their index fingers together.

"If the entity got to them, then yes. Most of the time, they only 'attack' because they're literally cursed to." Seek explained, pressing their head against the door,"And they're going to hurt us the moment we go through that door."

(Y/n) found the concept weird; entities could harm other entities?

Impatiently, Figure shoved Seek and (Y/n) around the corner so it could open the door. (Y/n) couldn't look through the door because Seek held them back.

The eery whispers it emitted were dialled down a little when it spoke,"Figure, what are you doing here?"

Their voice sounded distorted, as though it were a voice which didn't actually exist. The carpet that ran down the middle of the room was bathed in the blueish hue.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you. I need you out of the way though."

Eyes wasn't being turned away so simply,"But this isn't your area, Figure. What if a human gets into the library?"

"I locked it, and the piece of paper is in room 51, so I think we're set." Figure sarcastically remarked.

Eyes appeared offended,"Because you have your own room does not mean you're better than any of us."

"You can have a room of your own, you choose not to." Figure reasoned, making a valid point.

"But we can't. We're not..what's the word...entitled to one. It's not how this hotel works." Eyes fought back.

Figure would've gripped the entity firmly to show how serious it was, but there was nothing physical about it,"How does this hotel work then; enlighten me."

"You know what we're talking about." Eyes mumbled, deliberately sounding indecipherable.

"Well, things in this hotel are gonna change, whether you like it or not." Figure shot back,"So you're either with or against us."

"Us?"

Seek and (Y/n) walked into the main hall, eyes covered.

"A human? You brought a human into this hotel, and you taught it how to avoid us? Why are you helping a human to escape?" Eyes belittled,"You're barely competent as is, and now you're siding with a human. You're going to regret it."

It was offended by the way they treated it's blindness as its own fault,"And what has killing any human who's looked at you ever done for you?"

Eyes faded, knowing they Figure would continue on, persistently.

"You might fade away, but you know I'm right." Figure retorted,"You can uncover your own eyes now."

The human tenderly removed their hand from their face, seeing the plain room in front of them, "Time to get back on the road, I guess.."