The before

Hoisting (Y/n) off the bed, Seek joked,"Well, of all things why (Y/n) sad? Especially when there's nothing to see, just things to hear."

"Ha ha, okay, I get it. I'm blind and I'm over it." Figure let out a low rumble from its throat, illuminating its mouth and casting large, pointed shadows onto the walls surrounding.

(Y/n) attempted to stand up, and managed to for several seconds, before tumbling to the ground. Seek dropped to its knees to lift them and carry them, bridal style.

(Y/n)'s heart raced as it held her real close, and they rested their chin on its shoulder. The feeling of closeness was so alien to them, and they liked it a bit. Seek could feel their heartbeat pounding through their chest, and saw the bright sparkle in their eyes, as they looked over its shoulder, confusing their eagerness for sickness.

"Are you alright, or are you sick?" Seek asked, patting their knee.

Bursting into laughter, they noticed how it didn't back down, and had assumed they were ill,"I'm fine, Seek. I promise you."

(Y/n) held it tightly, hugging at its shoulders,"We can get going now."

The next room was a corner, and an office sat to their left. A clutter of wardrobes, chests of drawers and cabinets barricaded the room, and they had to cut through the office to reach door 58.

Swinging the doors open, Figure was met with a feeling of nostalgia.

___________________________________________

A merry voice called out my name. As I responded, I hurried into the room, feeling my way along as I went.

"Hello sir, can I help?" I asked, my right hand at rest on the door to the office.

It was a luxurious door, I could tell from the texture; it's smooth touch had me convinced it wasn't cheap. Then again, the boss did have a habit of making the hotel gleam, and I knew without having to see it for myself.

He gave a hearty chuckle at my eager response,"Oh ______, you're always one call away. What would I do without you?"

A swell in my chest signified my pride, and I knew I was beaming with it. I was the favourite in the hotel, always doing as I was told, helping others where I could. Admitted, the humans made me uncomfortable, but I'd do my part to make them feel welcome whenever they entered my library.

"I'd just like to say thank you for being so helpful to the guests, even if you're introverted. I appreciate your effort, and I know someday, you'll be running this place better than I ever will. Effortlessly, no doubt." His voice was calm, and he humoured himself a bit.

"Introverted?" I piped, lowering my arm from the door and entering the office slowly.

I sensed his heartbeat, and I heard the snicker as he realised I was being genuine,"It means you shelter yourself away from people, you have a tendency to work more independently."

His eyes were laid on me, I could feel them from behind his work desk. The slight shuffling of paper signified that he'd been working as we spoke.

"Anyway, I suppose you have more exciting things to do than chit-chatting, so I'll leave you be." His voice was so jolly, and to leave was like abandonment.

I knew he wanted his privacy, but the man was too polite to ever ask someone directly to leave. So, getting his signals, I bid him a farewell and headed to my domain, the library.

________________________________________

The dust stuck to Figure's finger, and it stopped, pensive. It's head was tilted down and it had frozen solid, restricted by its own body, forbidden from moving, utterly motionless.

Reaching out to touch Figure, (Y/n) flinched and almost fell when Figure sprung back to life.

Seek expressed concern for the entity, and held it's hand,"What did you see?"

"I saw.." Figure trailed off, losing track of what was going on,"Nevermind, it's nothing."

"Was it Glitch?" Seek pressed on, stressing Figure.

There was a faint blue glow around Figure, but there was no sparkles like what (Y/n) experienced before.

(Y/n) analysed the light, and concluded Guiding Light was there, not to tell but to show, to remind.

"Did Guiding Light show you something?" (Y/n) reached an arm out, petting Figure's shoulder.

The contact was frigid against its skin, and it raised its head, directing it towards where the human was.

"(Y/n), what if you do leave?" Figure asked, turning it's full body towards them.

(Y/n) wondered what would they do?

Stalling for a moment, (Y/n) mumbled," Probably go back to my family, go to school or whatever."

"This is probably a shot in the dark, but do you think there would be any way you can..reopen the hotel?" Figure inquired, rubbing its hands together,"I understand if not."

(Y/n) was stumped," I-I'll see what I can do for it."

The look of gratitude on Figure's face was priceless," I was just remembering what this place used to be, how we used to be."

A chord of inquisitiveness was struck with (Y/n) the moment Figure finished it's sentence,"What do you mean by that? What was this place like when it was open?"

Figure ran it's fingers over the desk, pulling the roll top up. Inside lay a sheet of paper, a note hastily scrawled in elegant cursive handwriting, one Figure would have recognised if not for the blindness.

"I know he wrote this, so tell me what it says." Figure demanded, handing the note to Seek.

Remaining silent, Seek's eye flicked from line to line, scanning the text. As it begun to slow, it's pupil shrunk in misery, the note coming to a close.

"Read it out loud, damn it!" Figure boomed, slamming it's hand on the desk.

Rolling it's eye at Figure, Seek took up the paper in it's hand again and started reading.