Accompanied

The duo wandered through the door, to be met with a gate. (Y/n) had seen it already and wondered why the room even existed.

"I know how to do this. One second." (Y/n) told Seek, swinging the door open and descending the steps to the basement.

Seek followed, despite no notion from (Y/n) to do so. Its eye flicked from barrel to barrel, inspecting the wood it was composed of.

"Barrels of wine?" Seek mused, running a dripping finger over the lid. Dust stuck to it, and (Y/n) blew the dust off, causing a cloud to form.

Coughing, (Y/n) muttered, "That was so stupid."

"What was that noise?" It questioned.

"What noise?!" (Y/n) panicked, before realising it was talking about them, "Oh, coughing. I thought you'd know since you're human...oid."

Seek blankly stared at them for a moment, "I copied the form of those who I find. I've adapted to a humanoid form for practicality, so I don't understand how it works, as it's mimicked cosmetically. I don't have the human parts that you do."

"'Mimicked cosmetically'? So, you don't have lungs or a liver or anything?" (Y/n) echoed, curiosity building.

"I'm incapable of having the same bodily functions as you do. I can't breathe, as I believe it's called, I can't reproduce with other humans, as I don't have the knowledge of what it would take in order to do so, and I have no requirement for sustenance, as I don't use energy as your kind do." It explained, plodding over to lever as it caught sight of it, and pulling it down.

A click sounded, and the gate upstairs opened.

"So, you only look human then? Does that mean you can change how you look?" (Y/n) pestered, gesturing at Seek's form.

"I can, but I don't know of any other creatures that would be useful to shift into." It reasoned, shrugging.

For something that wasn't human, its body language was quite human like. As it had said, it monitored the humans that filed in the building, and took whatever it learned to act more like them. (Y/n) wasn't so sure as to why they were trusting it, but it seemed it hadn't been trusted before, and was quite surprised by how (Y/n) had accepted it. But (Y/n) still was suspicious of Seek; there was an uncertainty they held with them, probably because of the air of mystery that hung about it. Afterall, it was an entity in a hotel, something untold of in the human world. Outside of the hotel, it was non-existent, unheard of. Even so, (Y/n) enjoyed the company, having somebody around, whether human or not, was so fun. 

Going up the steps, (Y/n) looked up at Seek as it walked. Again, so human-like. Aside from appearance, Seek was very humanly. 

Seek caught wind of (Y/n)'s curiosity, and found their glance trained onto it. It understood why someone from the outside would be so curious about what laid on the inside. 

"Seek, you said about other people entering the hotel, where do they go?" (Y/n) mustered up. 

It hesitated, as it took a step towards the open gate, looking back in a solemn manner, almost as though it couldn't answer, or didn't have an answer to give. For a moment, it stopped completely and turned, looking up at them with a sorrowful gaze. 

"I... I'm not entirely sure where it is the other humans go or went. If I had an answer to give, believe me, I would give you it. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to your question. I'd like to assume they somehow escape this place, but there's something binding people here. Like us entities; as far as I know, there's no means of escape for us." Seek rambled, wavering its hands about, gesturing about aimlessly. 

"I don't understand; are you saying there's no way for me to escape?" (Y/n) freaked out, face turning a pale white out of fear. 

Seek made a sighing noise," There is an elevator that leads to the deeper levels of the hotel. How that would benefit you, I'm unsure."

"I could call someone to pick me up, but the bridge is broken, and there's no way across. Our town doesn't have any rescue helicopters or anything like that. I'm stuck here until the bridge is fixed." (Y/n) blandly stated. 

Despite lacking a mouth, Seek smiled with its eye and began walking again, this time besides them. 

The next room's lights flickered the second they entered and Seek pointed towards a wardrobe. 

"It's Rush. Just hide in the wardrobe, and you'll be safe. I'll handle this." It told them, somewhat calming their nerves. 

Previous rooms' lights burst as the cloudy entity rushed into the current one. Seek remained out in the open, and the cloudy entity stopped. 

"Seek..." A slightly gravelly, ghostly voice murmured in a low, inquisitive tone,"...and what would you be doing in a room like this? I thought you stuck to your high-roofed hallways? Those ones with them large windows?"

"Sometimes I like to get out and about. Pay a visit to the library, roam about the rooms and say hello to the others. "

Seek's body language was confident, and it projected across dominance, which explained why Rush wouldn't interfere during Seek's shenanigans. 

"And what is it you're doing around these parts, Rush? Going for a little run-around, or hunting for humans again?" Seek inquired, eyeing Rush peculiarly. 

Being able to see Rush idle was something (Y/n) didn't have the expectations of seeing. From what could be seen through the crack of the doors, Rush was a cloudy entity, made from a blueish-black smoke. Its head was a dark grey with many speckles of black, as well as two eyeholes. A large smile stretched across its skull-like face; the bottom set of teeth seemed to hover below the top. 

"I've heard there's a human around here, I'm surprised that you've not already killed it. You always boast this amazing speed of yours, but you've not caught anything for months." Rush took on a more envious tone, criticizing the way Seek went about things.

Seek rolled its eye," Have you wondered why those humans have come by the hotel?"

"Because they know we're here and they want to mock us. They know exactly what they come here for, and when they notice we're here, they get all regretful. They come stealing the money the hotel made, and whatever else they can find." Rush hissed, tightening its glare on Seek. 

Seek gave a cocky expression, making Rush's expression clouded," What if I told you I'd encountered a human who had done none of those things?" 

"You'd be lying to me, right to my face." Rush bellowed. 

(Y/n) put a hand over their mouth, as their breathing destabilised. Red, red everywhere. Red was swirling their vision. There was screaming in their ears, screeching, shouting, buzzing static. 

"Just, get out of here, Rush, we'll catch up later." Seek stated, meaning it as more of a command than a statement. 

Rush dared to speak back," You don't control us, and you know that. Just because you're more human-like, doesn't make you better." 

"Get out of here or I'll give you a reason to get out of here!" Seek threatened, eye wide open with rage. 

Rush murmured something under its breath before exiting the room, slamming the door open to be dramatic.

Exhausted, (Y/n) dropped out of the wardrobe like a stone into water. Their energy was drained after they began hallucinating in the closet.