The library

Seek took into account how exhausted (Y/n) appeared. 

Seek had already established the fact (Y/n) didn't fully trust it, but now they pondered the reliability of (Y/n). Though it defended them, it didn't know what exactly (Y/n) had come here for.  At this point, it was growing more curious. 

Helping (Y/n) to their feet, Seek restrained from asking the question. It could only hold back for so long. They'd passed through roughly six doors and Seek ended up asking the question. 

"So, (Y/n), why is it you came to this hotel?" Seek dared to ask. 

(Y/n) stared at Seek for a second, letting their gaze fall to the ground," I came here in search of answers. I was curious about this place, because I'd heard what was said about this place." 

"What was it that was said about this hotel? Do they know us entities are here?" 

"Uhm..." (Y/n) lowered their head, keeping their eyes trained onto Seek," No, there are speculations, rumours, but no proof you guys exist. It's said that people go missing, and they're killed in the hotel by something, but nobody knows what." 

"I take it that we're depicted as some heartless, murder-driven, maniacal monsters who kill anyone who enters then, huh." Seek muttered, a bit heavy hearted. 

There wasn't an answer (Y/n) could cough up which would set Seek's mind at rest, because the rumours insisted they were exactly as Seek had described. For a couple of rooms, both of them stayed silent. 

Reaching door 49, (Y/n) turned the knob as they'd done with every other one, to find a set of double doors, finely detailed with a small plaque saying '50' overheads. A small potted tree sat to the left and right of this door, further emphasizing the importance of the room. 

"This must be a very special room to have a plaque on it, and golden decorations." (Y/n) thought aloud.

"A friend of mine is in here, who takes very good care of the room." Seek said, placing a hand on either door.

If they were a friend, why hadn't (Y/n) seen them yet? Why were they stuck behind a set of double doors? 

Throwing the heavy doors open, Seek revealed what sat behind them: a large library. It had two levels to it, the second only accessible via a staircase on the right-hand side, as the left had been blocked by pink sofas and wardrobes which fell. In the centre of the ceiling was a large chandelier, illuminating a lovely scene. A red rug with a criss-crossed pattern and a golden trim ran underfoot, splitting towards the upper deck. 

Unfortunately, the impact knocked a lamp down, and it shattered. A figure emerged from one of the bookshelves, thudding closer before taking a quick turn to investigate the sound. It went completely out of sight, and (Y/n) was able to see nothing but the reddish colour of its skin 

"Oh, sorry Figure!" Seek apologised, tenderly rubbing the back of its neck. 

The creature lent upwards at the sound of a familiar voice," Seek?" 

Using its arms to feel around, it navigated back to the main hall, to be face-to-face with Seek. 

"Yes, it's just me." Seek lied, gesturing for (Y/n) to crawl. 

Figure looked delighted and used its mouth to smile as best as it could," You didn't tell me you were coming."

"Well, things can get a tad lonely when you're in an empty hallway." Seek chuckled a bit at it, as if it were comedic. 

"I'd agree, if there wasn't someone with you." Figure stated, coldly," I can sense a heartbeat, and you've told me before that you don't have a heart."

Seek pretended to be hurt by the implications," Are you saying I'm apathetic? Ouch."